RokStok

ljalberta

WKR
You guys have any thoughts on a flush plug screw for when the Arca plate just in front of the DBM is removed?

I think I would like the option of throwing the rifle on the tripod with a Mini Arca mount, but when I’m doing the bulk of my backpack hunting, it would be removed. I probably will skip the rail though if there’s not any flush plug option.

Buzby

WKR
You guys have any thoughts on a flush plug screw for when the Arca plate just in front of the DBM is removed?

I think I would like the option of throwing the rifle on the tripod with a Mini Arca mount, but when I’m doing the bulk of my backpack hunting, it would be removed. I probably will skip the rail though if there’s not any flush plug option.
This is nothing you shouldn’t be able to resolve yourself with a trip to the hardware store.

gbflyer

WKR
A savage in a rokstok

lort have mercy what are we doin

Yeah man there’s a ton of different Savage iterations. I have an old stagger feed in a McMillan that came as a flat top which I like a lot but there’s no way I’d try to make stocks for Savage.

For guys looking to drop a CTR in one of these…which bottom metal do you plan on going with? I may just wait to see if a CTR or AICS compatible version comes out before ordering one

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I don't think that's possible........or they wouldn't be shooting sava`ge!
You know I've shot and owned some crazy accurate Savage rifles over the years. Their model 12 stainless in .22-250 with a heavy barrel was a fun rifle. Problem is, long term field use (both round count and harsh conditions) with Savages shows why they are priced the way they are.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
For guys looking to drop a CTR in one of these…which bottom metal do you plan on going with? I may just wait to see if a CTR or AICS compatible version comes out before ordering one

Why not get inletted for the CTR bottom by UM?