RokStok

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Could just be me. All you can do is try and see how it works. As I said, PNWGATOR said that his worked fine.
I have in the ear plugs from AXIL and they work great.

Randy

We were just out shooting, four adults one kid. Only the kid had trouble with ear pro.

5f7e9621ceda4f77110765e114a98a6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Carl Ross

Lil-Rokslider
Not really bummed about having to take a rifle out of the stock to clean that much but it sucks if it doesn't play nice with my MSA sordin muffs.

Well......cock. I really hope this is a personal thing, not universal. I have teeny ear canals & I'm stuck with muffs.

I had about eight match shooters try out the Rokstock as I have it setup with UM high rings. Everyone had muffs, no one had issues. The only comment was one shooter found the comb too low for their taste setup that way, obviously easily fixed with lower rings.

When I Get home tonight I’ll toss a barreled action in it with my lower ring setup. I tested it once before, but didn’t shoot it, can’t remember if I tried it with muffs or not. Even with my preference for a higher mounted scope I had no actual issue using it with lower rings.

I'm a plug and muff doubler. Gotta have both. I like my hearing and don't use a suppressor. Also use the Sportsmatch t084, which is lower than the um lows. Hmmm

brockel

WKR
I had about eight match shooters try out the Rokstock as I have it setup with UM high rings. Everyone had muffs, no one had issues. The only comment was one shooter found the comb too low for their taste setup that way, obviously easily fixed with lower rings.

When I Get home tonight I’ll toss a barreled action in it with my lower ring setup. I tested it once before, but didn’t shoot it, can’t remember if I tried it with muffs or not. Even with my preference for a higher mounted scope I had no actual issue using it with lower rings.
I ordered low UM rings. Hope I don’t regret that

Carl Ross

Lil-Rokslider
Played with it with the low rings and the ubiquitous Howard Leights. For me and my face they make contact with the stock, but in no way are pushed out of position or uncomfortable.

Tried it after with my high rings and they make contact too, albeit slightly less. I’ve put a couple hundred rounds down range at this point, specifically looking for issues, and never noticed it. Shot the bear drill, never noticed it.

My take: whatever rings you’d want on a CTR stock you’d probably want here. At least with Howard Leights and similar, I think they’re no issue from what I’ve seen.

SDHNTR

WKR
Concept, pre-order, development, production, and delivery still appears to be likely faster than ordering a stock from Manner's or McMillan that already exists.
Yes, but doesn’t UM take your money up front?

In which case the first orderers are not just buying their stock, they are also funding the pre-production process. Not saying there’s anything wrong with that as long as the buyers are aware, it’s just a very interesting business model.

From the perspective of UM, it’s brilliant. Far less risk than organically funding (or seeking financing for) R&D.

huntnful

WKR
Yeah I personally have no problem putting money up front after seeing them deliver on their products time and time again. UM is a great business to support in that format. I’ve pre-ordered premier rings, Vesper SA and a Rokstok. Recieved the first 2 as soon as production was complete. And they are impeccable quality.

svivian

WKR

In which case the first orderers are not just buying their stock, they are also funding the pre-production process. Not saying there’s anything wrong with that as long as the buyers are aware, it’s just a very COMMON business model.

From the perspective of UM, it’s brilliant. Far less risk than organically funding (or seeking financing for) R&D.
Fixed it for you….

Also you don’t have to participate if you don’t like it. We understand your are particular on how you think a business needs to run. Plenty of others are fine with this as it seems based on the number of orders placed.

Coming from the guy who hasn’t placed an order and is looking forward to seeing it at the hunt expo prior to buying

As well as nut tapping @Ryan Avery while I’m there

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved

In which case the first orderers are not just buying their stock, they are also funding the pre-production process. Not saying there’s anything wrong with that as long as the buyers are aware, it’s just a very interesting business model.

Most of use begged them to take pre-orders. If you don't want to pre-order, than don't. It is that simple.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, but it is very interesting how many negative comments you have an this thread rather than simply not buying it. A very interesting model of behavior.

SDHNTR

WKR
Most of use begged them to take pre-orders. If you don't want to pre-order, than don't. It is that simple.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, but it is very interesting how many negative comments you have a this thread rather than simply not buying it. A very interesting model of behavior.
I’m not trying to be negative, I mean no offense. I’m just skeptical by nature.

I genuinely want to buy one, and probably will after it’s been thoroughly tested.

03mossy

WKR
Did any of the testers try shooting with a triad tactical or other stock pack? If so, did it work with low rings?

I sure hope it does and plan on trying as soon as I get my stock. I’ll remove all the padding that raises the cheek up. I hunted this fall with the pack for the first time and liked having a spot for my mag.

MattB

WKR

Card issuers have very specific rules surrounding merchants taking advance payments from customers.

BBob

WKR
Card issuers have very specific rules surrounding merchants taking advance payments from customers.
Are they not supposed to do that? I know at one time they weren't allowed to charge if they didn't provide the product or service up front. That is why AZ does not charge your card until draw day. I remember them saying way back at one of the commission meetings that that was one of the hurdles they had to work out when they first started taking cards. NM and others do charge up front.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

Manner and mcmillian take your money upfront too and take longer to deliver a product.