RokStok

BAKPAKR

WKR
Remington 700 question- I know the stocks are set up for an M5 inlet. If you’re going to use a Hawkins precision M5 Oberndorf bottom metal will the factory 700 magazine box work with the with the Rokstock?

I tried the factory mag box on my R700 with a Hawkins M5 Oberndorf bottom metal in a Mesa Precision (now Pure Precision) Altitude stock and it worked fine. So, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with the RokStok.

It was just a temporary thing and I recall thinking that if I was going to use it long term, I would put some sort of spacer or shim in so there wasn’t a chance of the factory mag box moving.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any more thoughts on arca/spartan combo? I saw you liked a prior comment.

I think its doable... but it will cost more. It doubles the size of the material and increases machining time by quite a bit. It also makes it challenging to make the rail look good, as it has so much going on in a little rail.

That's not my call to make as I am not the one selling the stocks... But, I will say that it would be interchangeable with the Spartan Picatinny rail so it would be easy to upgrade, if it is produced.

ljalberta

WKR
I think its doable... but it will cost more. It doubles the size of the material and increases machining time by quite a bit. It also makes it challenging to make the rail look good, as it has so much going on in a little rail.

That's not my call to make as I am not the one selling the stocks... But, I will say that it would be interchangeable with the Spartan Picatinny rail so it would be easy to upgrade, if it is produced.
I ordered the Spartan/Pic, but if a Spartan/Arca is made later, and is interchangeable, I would order one and prefer it over a trinity rail.

That new McMillan Mountaineer stock looks awfully familiar.... Seems "similar but legally distinct" from the RokStok.
Kind of. I think there was a comparison thread somewhere.

Negative comb yes. But not flat at all under the buttstock (toe line), and the drop to the buttpad after the comb.

Honestly I hope everyone tries to make a similar version. As companies see the benefit and make their own interpretation it can only be good for the guys like us using them in the field.

atmat

WKR
I think it’s doable... but it will cost more. It doubles the size of the material and increases machining time by quite a bit. It also makes it challenging to make the rail look good, as it has so much going on in a little rail.
Wouldn’t it be easier than the arca/pic/spartan? Seems like it would be just one less modality.

coast range

Lil-Rokslider
So would the arca/ spartan rail not be interchangeable with the arca/pic?

In the end I would rather have the arca/spartan and I ordered the arca/pic.

So would the arca/ spartan rail not be interchangeable with the arca/pic?

In the end I would rather have the arca/spartan and I ordered the arca/pic.
Yes all rails are interchangeable if you order the spartan pic. If you don’t order the spartan pic of the ones listed your stock won’t have a hole milled into the stock for the spartan adapter. Then you can change out to any other rail the small hole milled into the stock will be covered by the rail.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes all rails are interchangeable if you order the spartan pic. If you don’t order the spartan pic of the ones listed your stock won’t have a hole milled into the stock for the spartan adapter. Then you can change out to any other rail the small hole milled into the stock will be covered by the rail.

Ya what he said

Given how cool the green carbon camo turned out, I'm very interested to see the Rokslide tear pattern I ordered.