Rooster sequence

Mtncowboy

Lil-Rokslider
1) Point 2 and 3) moving in 4) the flush 5) chasing and retrieve a wingshot bird (these are screen shots thus poor picture quality) 6) The end result
I absolutely LOVE walking up on a point! She slammed on point, I kicked all around and nothing, then she took off on the scent and tracked the rooster about 50 yards, pinned him, and boom! My dog has been doing great in the field and has turned into a very sweet girl at home, my kids love her! I wish I could do this every day!

Attachments

• pheasant sequence 1.jpg
    pheasant sequence 1.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 80
  • pheasant sequence 2.jpg
    pheasant sequence 2.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 71
  • pheasant sequence 3.jpg
    pheasant sequence 3.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 72
  • pheasant sequence 4.JPG
    pheasant sequence 4.JPG
    237.5 KB · Views: 72
  • pheasant sequence 5.jpg
    pheasant sequence 5.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Pheasant longtail.JPG
    Pheasant longtail.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 80

Montero

Lil-Rokslider
That was awesome to catch it with pics! Thanks for sharing. How old is your dog and is it a Griff or GWP?

OP
Mtncowboy

Mtncowboy

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. She is a 1 1/2 year old GWP. She is doing great and has really turned out to be a sweet dog at home. My little kids love her.

arock

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. She is a 1 1/2 year old GWP. She is doing great and has really turned out to be a sweet dog at home. My little kids love her.
My GWP just turned a year. He is a monster in the field but the sweetest dog to be around otherwise (outside of being a bit of a bull in a china shop). I think giving them that outlet - hunting - they just kind of figure out when its time to flip it on and when its time to chill.

chad.vis

FNG
My DD will be two next week. Today in SD we harvested 3 cottontails, a squirrel, a coyote and only one rooster. Precooking the small game for fried rice as I'm typing this. Should've had three roosters but....having trouble getting used to gloves is my excuse. My GWP was with but is turning 11 in April and lets the DD do the heavy lifting in the snow. Great breed and I hope you enjoy the time with the pup as much as I do.