RRS PT Scout BTC-Pro vs Wiser Precision Nighthawk

The Scout is arca on the bottom with a threaded hole if you want to directly attach it. I need it like that since I run my head in the Anvil. I just open the anvil clamp and pull the head off with the optic. The way Wiser seems to intend it is that you, more or less, permanently attach the head to your tripod with the threaded rod.
Good to know. That's how I use my PT-Scout too. On my coues hunt I was able to unclip it and have my gun clipped into the Anvil in about 10 seconds (because I was being finicky about where to set the head/binos down).

parshal

WKR
I’ve used the Wiser in a couple Hunter matches and didn’t like the levers getting in the way. They also make it easy to loosen by accident.

In match mode, I leave the pan and tilt at a specific setting so I made some knurled knobs. Small enough to not get in the way and no lever to bump and change tension. You definitely cannot get enough force on these to lock it out.

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpeg
    IMG_2159.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 18
What were the issues with the the Tricer LP?
I’ve used mine extensively since WHCE, it does great with my 65 swaro. However I’ve noticed that the thumb screw that tightens the bar to your arca plate loosens. So my scope has slipped off and almost hit the dirt a few times when hand carrying.