Rumors of Another Shutdown

I'm heading to Colorado in 5 weeks and now I hear of another possible shutdown. I was getting ready to rent an InReach, but if a shutdown is coming do I risk it and go ahead and rent one or wait? Do you think we will have a shutdown again or not?

Thoff1989

Lil-Rokslider
I'm heading to Colorado in 5 weeks and now I hear of another possible shutdown. I was getting ready to rent an InReach, but if a shutdown is coming do I risk it and go ahead and rent one or wait? Do you think we will have a shutdown again or not?

Not to side-rail but where were you planning to rent an inreach from?

Wapiti1

WKR
Many states and localities are instituting mask mandates in an attempt to ward off another shutdown. The data that I've seen says that is an effective strategy IF people wear them or maintain distancing. If things stay at this level, I think you'll be fine.

I sent off my second payment for my hunt in Alaska, so I'm all in at this point. I'd proceed as if things are a go, and adjust if needed. My feelings are that I would rather be out a few dollars than not be ready to go and enjoy my hunt.

Hope things work out.

Jeremy

I can't see a statewide shutdown happening. So my thoughts would be it depends where you're going.

Was just in summit county over the weekend, people from all over the US and the world were visiting Vail, Frisco, and Keystone. Not nearly as many as a normal year but still plenty of people. Mask use was fairly universal even outside in outdoor common places.

If they stay strong on masks I think they will help curb things and not institute a full shutdown. I think everyone prefers the inconvenience of a mask vs the inconvenience of a shut down so it seemed like it was being accepted well and utilized.

Was just in summit county over the weekend, people from all over the US and the world were visiting Vail, Frisco, and Keystone. Not nearly as many as a normal year but still plenty of people. Mask use was fairly universal even outside in outdoor common places.

If they stay strong on masks I think they will help curb things and not institute a full shutdown. I think everyone prefers the inconvenience of a mask vs the inconvenience of a shut down so it seemed like it was being accepted well and utilized.

Curious what kind of masks you are referencing? The trendy ones or the ones that actually protect against a virus? The trendy ones seem to be socially acceptable. Science tells a different story. To stay strong common sense needs to used on occasion. If that means people wearing underwear on their face so others feel good then go for it...lol.

Sportsman

Lil-Rokslider

Perhaps a bigger problem is Garmin is down. Rumor is ransomware. Google for the latest.

Sb23

FNG
I would bet on a shut down. The states that haven’t had a big spike and run are more vulnerable for an outbreak. Look at New York now that the virus did it’s thing over there Pretty stable numbers and in decline.

Opah

WKR
The Murmur is them really taking a shot of mandatory masks in your home, with we tip numbers for your Nosey ass neighbor to report you. We all have one of them around, you know the Blue haired old lady peeking !
Get the Water balloons ready, Nail them as they start up the Drive.

Trial153

WKR
I was able to log into Garmin last night and change my plan, seems like they have everything up and running.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Here in Colorado the news keeps reporting this huge surge in cases over the last several weeks, yet we are still only sitting at a 0.7% infection rate statewide. Ya, that's right.......0.7%. And in my county they are reporting that we are the 2nd highest county for increases.........sitting at a whopping 0.5% infection rate. So after 6 months our county has almost 4200 cases. At this rate it would take our county 89 YEARS for everyone to be infected. Perhaps they should start using math instead of their so-called science for their decision making.