Sako finnlight

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
Are the actions on the sako finnlights the same as the m85 actions? Assuming they are but I’ve made assumptions before. Looking to replace barrel with a proof pre fit

OP
R

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, I did the same last year. The tikka prefits will fit the sako 85. Stocks are the issue.
Perfect!! Looking to replace the stock too. I know there are fans of that stock out there but I’m not personally in love with it to be honest.

Great Segway into the next question. Which stock did you go with? Do any of the manners stocks fit?

OP
R

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
Nevermind, quick google search shows there are lots of options! Too many actually! Let the research commence.

BjornF16

WKR
I just had finnlight stock replaced with MPI Custom stock…they did a great job on it.

The original stock was all gummy/sticky.

B16C8116-8D61-43D7-9F75-91AAF45786A9.jpeg

Ondavirg

Lil-Rokslider
There are not lots of options for a carbon barrel, very few actually. Fierce is the easiest, but I went with a flat top from AG composites and had my gunsmith cut it for me. I’m very pleased with the work and how it shoots, but it was quite a process.

OP
R

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
There are not lots of options for a carbon barrel, very few actually. Fierce is the easiest, but I went with a flat top from AG composites and had my gunsmith cut it for me. I’m very pleased with the work and how it shoots, but it was quite a process.
I’m you mentioned AG composites. Held one today for the first time and it felt really really good. I like the price of them even more

Ondavirg

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with the quality of the AG composite stock. Just wish it was factory cut for a Sako like it is a tikka!

Who did the work inletting the stock for your 85? Do you have any photos of the process and finished product?

Ondavirg

Lil-Rokslider
Jon Powers in Lafayette, LA did the work. Did a good job. Here’s the finished product.

Attachments

• 661CA358-D2C7-407F-A5D0-25CB0335FC7D.png
    661CA358-D2C7-407F-A5D0-25CB0335FC7D.png
    525.5 KB · Views: 43

Ondavirg

Lil-Rokslider
The stock is a bit too short, leaving the magazine exposed a bit. It’s not flush like the factory stock. But it’s not much. I’m very happy with the finished product.

The stock is a bit too short, leaving the magazine exposed a bit. It’s not flush like the factory stock. But it’s not much. I’m very happy with the finished product.
The whole bottom metal has a reveal or just the magazine protrudes?

Ondavirg

Lil-Rokslider
The whole bottom metal is exposed, but probably only 1-2 mm. The magazine and the release mechanism are a bit more than that. Every stock manufacturer warned me that there might not be enough ‘room’ for the Sako action. I guess this is what they meant.