Sako S20 or Tikka T3X Roughtech

Luked

WKR
I Think I understand that both are made in the same factory.
For those that have or have had both have you had any issues with either?
I am looking to get something in 6.5 PRC for my all around gun and have narrowed it down to these two

All depends on what you like. I own both, a couple of each. The S20 can’t be beat for what you’re getting especially if you find it at $1k or less. To me it’s not a question. Does Tikka have more aftermarket? Yeah. But pretty sure the S20 is the same barrel threading etc just not as popular. But it’s a lot more gun for the price vs the Tikka models that are over $1k. My Tikka Veil 6.5CM is a rack driver like solid <1/2” constantly. But the S20 (6.5 PRC and 300WM) is right there, built in rail, I like the triggers more. Same adjustability, can use the same spring I believe some stick in the tikka. Barrels are the same, and threaded. S20 is a little heavier but fully adjustable.

I have both the TIKKA Veil and the Roughtech in 6.5 PRC. I haven’t shot the S20 ( I’m sure it shoots great), but I can say for sure that both TIKKAs are absolutely tack drivers (.5 very consistently). Also have a Veil in 300Wm that shoots .5-.75 every time out. You can’t go wrong with either.