Salida/ Buena Vista CO general info

Looking for some general info about salida/ Buena vista area. Any areas to visit or avoid ( maybe for crime, theft reasons). We’re looking at finding a place to stay for a night or 2 in October while visiting, possibly an air bnb or something similar. Pm if you know something that would work with 2 beds and hot shower. Thanks for looking.

def90

WKR
Like all Colorado mountain towns there is only one road in and out of town making it very easy for the cops to hand out DUI's.

Other than that hit the hot springs and stay well away from Poncha Springs.

cnelk

WKR
All I know is there’s a tremendous deli on the south side of Poncha Springs -

Be sure to get the Philly cheese steak sandwich

gearguywb

WKR
We are headed back out in 2 weeks to do a couple of 14'ers. We love the area. Lived in Grand Junction for several years and moved due to corporate repo's.

If I could find the right place, I would move to the BV/Hartsell area in a minute.

We always enjoy a beer at Eddyline while we are in Buena Vista. McDonalds is a tradition in Salida (I know, weird....) Always a good meeting spot for my brother and I as we come from different directions.

Poser

WKR
Elevation Brewing in Poncha Springs May very well be the best brewery in CO.

Salida is definitely a more interesting town than BV.

Huntin_GI

WKR
We like to stay at the Royal Duke lodge in Salida. Close enough to down town. Pretty cheap. Beds are nice and the rooms are clean. Has a fire pit, hot tub, and indoor pool.

The 50 burger place in Salida is really good. The gun shop there is extensive as well and is the best I've ever been in.

Agreed. And Bighorn Canyon Trading Post has some gems every now and again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schmalzy

WKR
The 50 burger place in Salida is really good. The gun shop there is extensive as well and is the best I've ever been in.

I’ve driven by the gun store 4-5 times and always had a hunch it would be good. I’ll stop in next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk