"Sally" Push up challenge

That was a bit humbling to be honest. Push ups are my bag. I do probably 500 a week inside of workouts. I got to 26 and was toast, I was typewriter arms at 22-23. Thought I would have gas left in the tank at the end. Holding at the bottom is the problem. At least I have a new challenge.

rideold

WKR
Holy cr@p. I tried it for the first time just now. I made it to 12. I thought the suspended pushups I've been doing on the straps would have helped more! I guess that's not too bad for an old middle-aged guy. I'm going to see if I can get my 13 year old son to do this with me. He just got a 40# heavy bag and has been swaggering around after "working out". Maybe I'll offer him a dollar for every one more than me he can do!

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Figured I better try an all out to see if any progress was made- 20, two thirds of the way.
one week later- I got 25 today :) I felt really strong through about 22; even had this weird vibe I might finish this damn thing, whees fell off pretty quickly, but am making progress, albeit it slowly

I really focused on keeping my feet, legs, glutes, core tight- that helped, helps doing pullups as well

bpurtz

WKR
Just curious what age category everybody is in...

Calf (< 20 years old)
Spike (21-30)
Raghorn (31-40)
Royal (41-50)
Imperial (51-60)
Monarch (> 61 years old)

I'm an Imperial - my best so far is 20