Salmon Idaho- Packer/drop camp, or goat rental

xwiscony

FNG
Hi everyone,
I'm in CDA and have a sheep tag in 27-2 and have been looking for pack goat rentals between CDA -Salmon. I'd also be interested in paying someone in the salmon area to pack 2 guys in ( I have gear) or at least a packer to call to pack a sheep out if I get one. I Hiked in there last week and its about 10 miles to my unit which was doable. I just decided it might be worth it to me to keep a little more life left in my legs and back so I had more gas to explore the unit vrs hike in to it. I've already left a few voicemails for Dave Melton the outfitter for the unit as I heard he does drop camps, but i'm guessing he is booked up with other sheep hunters and doesn't have the time. I also left a few messages with RPG with no luck.
appreciate the help,
Dan

TheTone

WKR
I hate to come across negative or stir up a hornets nest but I would really reconsider taking pack goats on a bighorn hunt due to disease issues with sheep. I know the chance of contact would be super low but why risk it especially with that sheep area where transplants have never happened and getting diseases into them could be really catastrophic