Sandals, what are you wearing?

Sandstrom

WKR
Rainbows!! For some reason I can make every other brand of sandal smell bad, the rainbows have never smelled at all, I am on my second pair!!

Ryan

I've got about 300 miles on my Rainbows. Rainbows are all I buy.. One of the few made in California products I'll buy.. Damn comfortable and they last a long ass time.. Mine are definitely due for replacement.

This is probably my 3rd or 4th pair.. I wear sandals A LOT.. I'm kind of a hippy so its a way of life. Like I'll mow the grass in sandals. I'll hike in sandals... These simply last.

I had some Simms flip flops that lasted like 6 years, they just died this spring. I should have bought my life's supply 6 years ago as of course they aren't made anymore.

I replaced with Reefs and I love them, but don't expect them to be as durable.

I thought Tevas were comfortable but they get stinky.

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
I have both. To me the reefs are more comfortable and they look better but I wear both.

I don’t mow in either pair. I buy cheap flops from academy or Wally World for that.

Gutshotem

WKR
Olukai flip flops. I grew up in south Florida and always hated flip flops too. Rainbows take too long to break in and break down more when wet. Olukais are now the only thing I wear in the summer. All leather, and comfy from the day you buy them.
I bought a pair of their flip flops at the start of thr summer. Dumb a$$ me thought they were made in Hawaii considering they were $140 and had all of the green enviromental sustainability stuff plastered all over their marketing. Pulled them out of the box and "made in China". Back in the box and back in the mail.

RMM

WKR
Never trust a man in open toed shoes

Edit: Unless in or around a body of water

JakeSCH

WKR
I've got about 300 miles on my Rainbows. Rainbows are all I buy.. One of the few made in California products I'll buy.. Damn comfortable and they last a long ass time.. Mine are definitely due for replacement.

This is probably my 3rd or 4th pair.. I wear sandals A LOT.. I'm kind of a hippy so its a way of life. Like I'll mow the grass in sandals. I'll hike in sandals... These simply last.

+1

I think I am on my 4th pair of rainbows over the last 20 years...but I do have a pair of crocs for camp shoes or if raining.

Slides - I have like 5 pair. My “fancy” slides are Reefs. The rest are nike, adidas etc. i have a pair of Kirklands from Costco that are the most comfortable. I also have two pairs of Crocs. I used to love flip flops but a few years ago out of nowhere I got hit with gout and my Big toe was always a little sore with flip flops, had to transition to slides :)

It all starts out that you buy a set of Crocs for light backpacking camp shoes. Within three months, you will wear them everywhere. Getting the mail, neighborhood walks, grocery store, church, weddings, job interviews, etc. Your feet demand their comfort and practicality and eventually you listen to that internal call and deliver. Hell, I even shot my moose last year wearing Crocs. I just did a family trip to Montana a couple weeks ago. The only thing I brought for flying, going out, church, and play were Crocs.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
It all starts out that you buy a set of Crocs for light backpacking camp shoes. Within three months, you will wear them everywhere. Getting the mail, neighborhood walks, grocery store, church, weddings, job interviews, etc. Your feet demand their comfort and practicality and eventually you listen to that internal call and deliver. Hell, I even shot my moose last year wearing Crocs. I just did a family trip to Montana a couple weeks ago. The only thing I brought for flying, going out, church, and play were Crocs.

I've only worn a few times around the property outside of a camp shoe. I bought my first pair about 2 months ago...I guess its a good thing I'm not single if I start getting to comfortable and wear them in public.

Older Chacos - can't kill em, have had those for over a decade & hike some trails in them. (Z strap and the regular).
Birkies because they are just so comfy!
Olukai - gorgeous leather sandals, pretty comfy too.
Used to wear Sanuk but they seem to break down faster now plus the above sandals go multiple years without showing much wear - especially the Chacos.

hobolance

FNG
What do you guys like for summer use? I don't care for flip flops, but I'd like to wear something that lets my feet breath. It would be nice if they could also double as a camp shoe.
Chacos sport with vibram soles. I hike all summer in these!