Savage 110 ultralight (proof barrel)

Thought I'd share this. Just found it and can't find anymore info on the internet web about it. I have a 110 tactical and it's a sub moa tac driver. I'm gonna call and see about in store price. I've been wanting to build my model 11 into this exact rifle. Might just have to pick one of these up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

541hunter

WKR
Saw it for sale on a couple websites (not in stock) for under $1200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Link doesn’t work. Will be interesting to see when this gets released. Depending on stock configuration and weight this has me really interested. My guess is they will release details at shot show.

mcseal2

WKR
Looks slick to me, I might end up with one in 6.5 PRC down the road. I was looking at a Browning X bolt Pro. this has the carbon barrel and is cheaper. The stock is not as good, but that could likely be upgraded for the price difference between the Savage and Browning.

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Link doesn’t work. Will be interesting to see when this gets released. Depending on stock configuration and weight this has me really interested. My guess is they will release details at shot show.

Was able to find it on the site.... may have to get one in 300wsm or 6.5 PRC.

These look very interesting. Might have to roll the dice on one. I haven't owned a Savage since my first rifle 20 years ago when I got one for my 14th birthday present. Are Savage rifles accurate?

WCB

WKR
Looks slick to me, I might end up with one in 6.5 PRC down the road. I was looking at a Browning X bolt Pro. this has the carbon barrel and is cheaper. The stock is not as good, but that could likely be upgraded for the price difference between the Savage and Browning.

Have you handled the newer Savage accufit stocks? I like them way more than the Browning stock.

Saw it this morning too. Good for Savage for leveraging all their advantages (modular components, barrel nut, etc.) to offer this rifle. It makes a lot of sense.

It looks like they combined their new stock with a LWH action and a proof research barrel. You could have built this rifle on your own a year ago, really.

Carbon-wrapped barrels for Savage rifles have been available from several sources for some time now. I have been assembling Savages for a few years and was always tempted to get a carbon-wrapped barrel off of Midway USA, just to try it. Savages are already one of the lightest production rifles. It's easy to build a 6 lb. Savage rifle from various components, and they always shoot well.

OP
mj23polaris
Have you handled the newer Savage accufit stocks? I like them way more than the Browning stock.
^^^ this

The non accufit stocks from Savage are garbage. After I had issues with my factory model 11 stock being weak and flimsy on the forend every gun I pick up in store I check that. Grab it by the rear grip and try and twist the end of the stock by the barrel. The Savage accufit is a super rigid setup.

Plus adjustability on the butt end is awesome

And with the accuracy part people question.

I can dam near stack horandy precision Hunter ontop of each other at 100 with my .308 110 tactical.

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
My savage 10 PC shoots everything that i have tried through it. That being said I probably will upgrade the stock to a manners or mcmillan because i like the way they fit/feel more.

I have a feeling these will be tough to get for a bit.... I imagine this will be a crazy popular rifle, and they will have a hard time keeping up with production at first.

I wish they had a 25-06, but the PRC would probably suffice.

OP
mj23polaris
Just talked to Scheels in Billings the guy had no idea about them, none in stock at distributors and he said right now $1300 for price.

Sundodger

Lil-Rokslider
Man, this thing checks almost all the boxes for me. I should be spending my money on a new bow, but this calls to me.