Savage 110 Ultralite Accufit Stock

I don't understand how in a "hunting situation" people start squeezing their forestock and causing it to come into contact with the barrel when using a bipod. I don't own a Savage and really don't have a dog in the fight so to speak, but in my mind putting a bipod on the gun should have no negative effect on accuracy if properly installed.
It only applies to people who don’t know what they are doing and load their bipod. The only time I have ever had an issue is on a M700 varmint with their cheap plastic stock and a harris 13.5-27 bipod. While coyote hunting i would lean into the gun sometimes or twist on the bipod on a moving coyote that would cause the stock to hit the barrel. Never happened shooting prone.

Spoonman

WKR
I don't understand how in a "hunting situation" people start squeezing their forestock and causing it to come into contact with the barrel when using a bipod. I don't own a Savage and really don't have a dog in the fight so to speak, but in my mind putting a bipod on the gun should have no negative effect on accuracy if properly installed.
I would say more often than not people lean into the rifle while in prone and off a bipod, this make the stock and barrel come together on a soft stock.

Spoonman

WKR
I also have a mcmillan and I can press them together. I dont know what your definition of little to no effort is. Bottom line - if the bipod doesnt cause the stock to touch the barrel it doesn’t matter. Unless there is a full length bedding block, stocks will flex.
I get that stocks flex. My McMillan takes my whole hand around the barrel and stock with a good squeeze to make them touch. The savage that I looked at literally took my thumb and index finger (like picking a blackberry) with very little effort to make them come in contact with each other. It’s all up to the user and what they like . I was simply explanation I saw when handling the rifle .

I would say more often than not people lean into the rifle while in prone and off a bipod, this make the stock and barrel come together on a soft stock.
I think you are right that a lot of people do that, and there is no need to. Loading a bipod unnecessarily will impact accuracy at longer ranges. Especially if you are shooting for groups or consistency.

twrob18

FNG
The stock does flex when you push on it from the side. However, like other people have mentioned it does not effect accuracy. I've used a harris bipod, spartan bipod, shooting sticks, and shot off a pack and it been very accurate. I have the ultralite in 280AI and it shoots just as well as a custom 300 win mag I have with a McMillan stock.

The stock does flex when you push on it from the side. However, like other people have mentioned it does not effect accuracy. I've used a harris bipod, spartan bipod, shooting sticks, and shot off a pack and it been very accurate. I have the ultralite in 280AI and it shoots just as well as a custom 300 win mag I have with a McMillan stock.
I just purchased an ultralite in 280AI. What brand/ type of ammo did you get the best accuracy with?

twrob18

FNG
I just purchased an ultralite in 280AI. What brand/ type of ammo did you get the best accuracy with?
The only factory ammo I shot was the Hornady Precision Hunter 162 ELD-X. It shot well, I really only shot it to break the barrel in. After that it's been all handloads.

WCB

WKR
I don't own one but put a bunch rounds down range (200) with one early this fall from 100-500 yards. sub MOA at all distances using a cheap bipod shooting on the ground prone no rear bag. I lean into the gun enough to load the bipod. ZERO issues.

As someone stated above I have no idea how guys flex their stocks that much to cause contact. I would buy one in a heart beat if I needed an ultra light rifle. However I already have a Brown Custom 7mm that fits the bill.

emhowe

FNG
I just bought a savage 110 ultralite with a carbon proof research barrel. Sadly it was supposed to be chambered in .308 on account of I already own .308 ammo and the nosler is running 3-5 bucks a round. I know little about 28 nosler. Looking for info about the cartridge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spoonman

WKR
So since I talked plenty of crap about this rifle I figured I’d order one in 6.5prc.🤣 I just got it and the stock still feels like crap but I can get over that, what pisses me off more than anything is the listed weight (6.0lbs) but mine weighs in 6lbs6.75oz?!?! Checked it on 2 different scales and they are within a 1/4oz of each other. Ultimately I was trying to make a 8lb all in rifle but with the Nightforce I have I’ll be well over the 8lb mark.

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
So since I talked plenty of crap about this rifle I figured I’d order one in 6.5prc.🤣 I just got it and the stock still feels like crap but I can get over that, what pisses me off more than anything is the listed weight (6.0lbs) but mine weighs in 6lbs6.75oz?!?! Checked it on 2 different scales and they are within a 1/4oz of each other. Ultimately I was trying to make a 8lb all in rifle but with the Nightforce I have I’ll be well over the 8lb mark.
Just make sure that you take a restroom break before you hit the woods and there's your half of a pound savings and your back to below 8 lbs. :eek:

I just bought a savage 110 ultralite with a carbon proof research barrel. Sadly it was supposed to be chambered in .308 on account of I already own .308 ammo and the nosler is running 3-5 bucks a round. I know little about 28 nosler. Looking for info about the cartridge.
The way the ammo situation is, you may be in better shape with the 28 Nosler.

Hi,
Im considering a Savage 110 Ultralite as my new light weight mountain rifle.

My only consern with the ultralite is the stock. Not the adjustment. The rigidity. How flimsy is it? Will a bipod mounted in front make the stock flex and tuch the barrel? Anyone has any experience?

Im from Norway, and therefor dont have the chanse to touch one before deaiding if i want to import one from the US or not...

Kind regards
I just got one in 6.5 prc and it will have to do for now, but I ordered an xlr magnesium chassis to drop it into which i planned to do from the get go. The stock it comes with is indeed flexible and hideous but for the price i think it should work fine for you. If you squeeze it it touches the barrel, not sure if it would effect accuracy but it doesn't matter to me. I wanted a carbon barrel on a lightweight chassis rifle so its gonna be perfect for me once my chassis arrives. Haven't shot it yet but im sure I'll go sight it in before the chassis arrives since its supposedly gonna be up to 2 more months lol

I have an ultralight in 6.5 PRC. I'm not a good shooter. I'm a good killer. My ultralight shoots 1/2" with factory Hornady ELD-X. I'm not that good. It's the rifle.

DLOsoft

FNG
Does anyone know the weight of the Accustock on this rifle?

Also, are there any good lightweight aftermarket stocks that would fit the Savage 110 action to replace the Accustock with? From everything I read the only downside to this gun is the stock, so was thinking this gun with a replacement stock might be an awesome combo.

No aluminum that i can see. Here is the weight of my stock with magazine, weight of magazine and weight of stock without the magazine

Attachments

• 20210326_081555.jpg
    20210326_081555.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 20210326_081623.jpg
    20210326_081623.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 20210326_081637.jpg
    20210326_081637.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 20210326_081658.jpg
    20210326_081658.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 127

Gusbus

FNG
Im looking into a light weight hunting rifle build. Ive been eyeing the 110 light weight storm. If the stock weighs 2lbs, then the barreled action of the storm weights 3.56lbs per Savage website. Does anyone have any suggestions on a lighter barreled action from either Tikka, savage, or rem 700 clone?