Scam alert - MT hunting outfitter

Craw3773

FNG
My buddy and I booked a bear hunt for this June back in August. The outfitter is Beau Burch in Stevensville, MT

We spoke in December, and again in February, and all seemed good. We called a few weeks ago, and have not been able to get into contact with him.

While looking at his Facebook, it seems like several people are in the same boat on elk hunts later this year. One commenter said he lost his outfitter license.

I know this is a long shot, but we are all booked. Does anyone have a suggestion on a backup? We were planning on hunting 240, but we don't even have transportation locked in right now. Anyone know where I cam rent a truck, and maybe some pack animals? If we can't locate a guide, we are going to try and DIY

OP
C

Craw3773

FNG
Thanks for the info. I am upset about the deposit for sure. I'm also upset that something we've been planning since August is in jeopardy.

I wish we could just go hunting without worrying about someone not doing their part

OP
C

Craw3773

FNG
Hey everyone, I have waited to update this until we saw what happened next. My buddy contacted the sheriff's department, and they put him in contact with Beau. Beau stated that he would have more information today, and that he planned on hunting with us.

It's now 8pm, and still no call. If Beau does perform, I'll update this thread, and make sure everyone knows he made it right. At this point, I'm pretty skeptical.

If he doesn't, we'll be going through both the sheriff's office and Montana fish and game.

Outlaw99

WKR
My opinion of Beu and his “Outfitting” business is less than stellar. Wouldn’t recommend them to anyone

OP
C

Craw3773

FNG
Interesting. After we contacted him, it seemed like he took his FB page down. What platform was this on?

OP
C

Craw3773

FNG
Hey everyone, I told you I would update this, so here I am. It sounds like Beau has taken off with almost $150k in other people's money. Sheriff and fish and game are involved.

We tried to make a go of it on our own, and so far, not much luck. Only 48 hours left, and we've only found one pile of scat.

If anyone has some tips for the Darby, MT area, they are more than appreciated.

J Dubaya

FNG
My buddy and I are apart of this scammer also. Only problem is we just figured this out today. Gave him deposit for elk hunt for this upcoming season and now we have lost that and on our own for figuring out where to go. We drew our combo Elk/Deer tags this year after waiting 3 yrs.

Sucks to go back to the Drawing board to figure something out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaBone

Lil-Rokslider
I also got scammed by Beau Burch and his girlfriend Agatha Sage. Four of us booked an elk hunt in February. I sent the down payment for half to MT Hunting which Agatha received the money and I never heard from Beau again. Agatha lied to me in texts that Beau had a family emergency and would contact me soon, well that soon never came. Anyone that has got scammed by Beau needs to contact the Ravalli County MT Sheriffs department, they have an officer assigned to gather information that will lead to the arrest of this criminal.

OP
C

Craw3773

FNG
Last we heard, he may have moved to Orange, TX. If anyone in east Texas has met a new guy named Beau....

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
wow this is insane.. What did the sheriff and fish & game have to say? were they much of assistance? 150k is a lot of money, im surprised the feds haven't got involved in this.

Tpetrain

FNG
Truly sad!!! People work way to hard for there money and don’t need scumbags like this stealing it from them. Hopefully they pin him to the wall.

OP
C

Craw3773

FNG
To be honest, not much action. I doubt anyone is actively looking for him. He's not in montana, so the law there can't get him.

If someone were to find him, then they could contact the local authorities, and they could identify and arrest him.

PaBone

Lil-Rokslider
The sheriffs department and local police chief seem very motivated to arrest Beau and put him in jail. The sheriffs department has called me several times and emailed me with the type of information they need to build a case. Sheriff told me they aren't going to have an outfitter in Montana scamming people. I can forward the email info to anyone that got frauded if they send me their email. They need a statement, emails from from Beau, text messages and receipts that kind of stuff. The bad thing is getting our money back will be a long process if we get it back at all, so our only hope is they catch him and put him in jail. Maybe the FBI will help since the monetary value I hear is large and the amount of people scammed from different states.

OP
C

Craw3773

FNG
If they can get the FBI involved, then they will be able to scoop him up. Otherwise, they can't pursue across state lines, which makes it a waiting game. Eventually this guy will get pulled over for speeding, and when they run his license, he'll be headed back to Montana

I'm the type that if you tell someone you are going to do something, you do it. Your word is your bond. I live by that and many still do, but sadly it seems like more and more like this outfitter don't. I have never been on a guided big game hunt, but I'm at a point in my life now that I can pull them off. My adult son's and I are looking to book a few hunts and this right here is what worries me the most. Getting taken by someone with this kind of money on the line. I hope you and the others he has taken advantage of, are able to see him get his.

PaBone

Lil-Rokslider
I'm the type that if you tell someone you are going to do something, you do it. Your word is your bond. I live by that and many still do, but sadly it seems like more and more like this outfitter don't. I have never been on a guided big game hunt, but I'm at a point in my life now that I can pull them off. My adult son's and I are looking to book a few hunts and this right here is what worries me the most. Getting taken by someone with this kind of money on the line. I hope you and the others he has taken advantage of, are able to see him get his.
This was to be my first hunt using an outfitter in 48 years of hunting. I guess if I ever try using an outfitter in the future I'll do more researching first. My buddy had actually worked for this outfitter for three years and recommended him. No matter though losing 1500 dollars stings a little but my two son's and I are doing a DIY hunt now and really looking forward to it.