Scent Killer...who uses it?

I try and just be clean one cannot mask the human odor spray all u want!! , when we exhale many odors are explelled into the air ,if u dont have the wind u dont have your elk ,,, havent u even been close to a critter and all of a sudden it swirls ,, he just needs a few molecules and he can tell were u are and how close u are ,, !!!

MT_Nate

FNG
As a sweating maniac during September, my only option has been to keep the wind in my favor! No amount of scentkiller is going to do a thing for me if the wind is wrong!

I'm a sweat maniac as well...and a stinky one to boot. Wind is #1. Only problem being that the elk know which way it's going too.

I wash all my hunting clothes in unscented detergent, and have found some refuge from my own odors by carrying a clean replacement shirt in my pack when/if the action starts to come alive, and I stuff the shirt I sweated out climbing to the basin that morning into the bottom of my pack. I also like to give myself a wipe-down with the unscented baby wipe thingamabobbers...not sure if it helps much, but makes for a happier, more comfortable hunter.

I also use scent free deodorant, and wash my gear in scent free detergent. After that, 100 steps into the woods and I begin to reek like a football lockerroom. The deodorant is mostly so I can tolerate myself!

Admittely the couple of years out I sprayed everything down, and kept all my cloths in a airtight bag, bathed meticulously and religiously even during a hunt. I was cured of that when I bagged my first bull. After hunting hard for four days straight, knowing full well I reeked, all the while wearing cloths laundered in Tide! It made me increase my stealth mode with respects to noise and wind direction.

Now I am forest ninja! ;)