Schnee’s sale

geriggs

WKR
Looks like big sale on Schnee’s boots on their website. I got some bear tooth’s 2 for 325.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a pair of the 0g and I love them. Of course I ordered them and 3 days later the sale was posted. Oh well. I like them so much I’d buy them again at full price.

How is the sizing on the Beartooth? I am wearing a Lowa Camino 10.5 wide now.
I ordered and returned the beartooth. Awesome boot. Very high quality but just didn’t fit me. I tried a 10.5 as that’s my normal size and they felt big. Tried a 10 and my toes were close to the end. It might just be my feet though. I have a pair of divides on the way to try in an 11. I ordered the 10.5 and they felt tight. I do have a question about your Lowa Camino. I have only tried a regular 10.5 and 11 D. Do you know if the wides the same width in the heal and just wider in the forefoot or wide all the way through?

I do have a question about your Lowa Camino. I have only tried a regular 10.5 and 11 D. Do you know if the wides the same width in the heal and just wider in the forefoot or wide all the way through?

Quick answer is I think just wider in the toe box. I normally don't wear wide boots or shoes but picked these up because they were on sale (only wides) and I had the regular width in the same size. The insoles of the Camino 10.5, Camino 10.5 wide and 10.5 Renegades are exactly the same even though everyone says the Renegades have more toe room. I do feel the regular Camino is a little narrow and seem the toe box shrinks a bit after a year or so. I have run the regular Camino and Rangers for probably 8 years. So bottom line is the Camino wide is not that wide. If I didn't go wide I would probably try 11.

Only other comparison I have is to the Meindl Perfekt series. I have the hikers and the taller ones with 400 grams. Those are considerably wider through out the entire foot in regular width compared to the Camino wides. Those run long too and they even say that on their website so you have to go down to 1/2 size so I run 10s.

I tore a tendon in my foot on my NM elk hunt this year that they couldn't repair. The Dr suggested if I will be elk hunting to wear 8" to 10" leather boots for more ankle support which is why I am looking at the Beartooth. Will still run the Camino as well but get rid of the Meindl hiker which is just 7".

Are Schnees pretty true to size? Eying beartooths and timberlines.

Our boots run very true, in the most literal sense. They are all sized against a branock device, which is the metal foot sizing device in shoe stores and footwear departments. Measure on one of those, order accordingly, and they should fit perfect. - matt

Our boots run very true, in the most literal sense. They are all sized against a branock device, which is the metal foot sizing device in shoe stores and footwear departments. Measure on one of those, order accordingly, and they should fit perfect. - matt
Thank you!

He aint kidding. I wear 10.5 uninsulated and 11 insulated beartooths .The 11 is for heavy socks. I measure out at 10.5 .

Has anyone ever actually been able to purchase anything in a 15 EE? It always shows "out of stock" regardless of when I have looked.

Has anyone ever actually been able to purchase anything in a 15 EE? It always shows "out of stock" regardless of when I have looked.
we don't make a 15EE. if its saying it on our website, there is some glitch or something. We'll have to look into it. - matt

yes. all of our boots are built on the same lasts. But there are a couple differences:

- Kestrel has a slightly roomier toe box. Not a huge difference, but a bit.
- Granite 600g, we recommend going up 1/2 size, due to the insulation. It just fits snugger.
Awesome, thanks.

Back