Scirocco - minimum impact velocity?

I'm loading up some 90gr 6mm Sciroccos for coues deer and looking for any experience or thoughts on minimum impact velocity needed for reliable expansion. Do you think 2000fps to be safe with these little 90 grainers, or could I get away with something slower if that shot presented itself? My go-to is typically the 95 NBT which I'm very familiar with at all ranges, but I'm out and haven't been able to find any all summer. These Sciroccos have bit higher B.C. and are intriguing as a all-purpose hunting bullet for my 6 Creed so have started working up some loads. Appreciate any input.

Take the following (from Chuck Hawk) with a grain of salt (until validated):

The Scirocco was the first bonded core, plastic tipped bullet and all Scirocco bullets feature a 15-degree boat-tail base and a secant ogive nose to maximize ballistic coefficient. Swift reports that in their testing Scirocco II bullets mushroomed to a mazimum of 2.5x original caliber and expand effectively at impact velocities from 17500 fps to 3325 fps, retaining an average 84% of their original weight. They claim that no other tipped bullet is tougher than Scirocco II.

OP
L
Thanks for the info. I'm having a hard time getting these things to shoot very consistently after a couple of different powders and seating depths from .030-.060 jump so may scrap the idea for now. I also tracked down some 95 Nosler BT this week so that will be my #1 load again for this fall. I may fool with the Swifts again this winter.

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
Sciroccos like at least a .050 jump. Try seating deeper. Call Swift and they can explain it better than I can. That’s what they recommended to me.