Scope mounting loctite or not?

Axlrod

WKR
Do you Loctite the action screws? How about spark plugs? No, because it’s not needed. Loctite whatever you want, but it’s as silly as bead lock rims to drive down forest service roads.

Nothing on the rifle is as easy to re torque as the ring screws - this concept is ridiculously easy to test for yourself by simply checking the ring torque on every rifle you own to see if they have loosened up. They never do - it’s not a thing.
Why in the bloody hell would you want to have to retorque ring screws?? Putting thread locker on them ONCE ever, is WAY easier! But it does cost you extra money.

They never do? Never?
Well maybe not if you spend all day everyday posting on multiple forums. Clearly your gun never leaves your basement.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
He goes from… “Don’t give people the wrong advice and do it my way”

And ends up at… “I don’t care what you do, use loctite if you want to”

All while posting pics of dead whitetails he didn’t kill, shiny rifles with 10 years of use that look brand new, and some nonsense about balloons.

This is peak Rokslide trolling. Well done sir. You got us!

CampSmith

FNG
He goes from… “Don’t give people the wrong advice and do it my way”

And ends up at… “I don’t care what you do, use loctite if you want to”

All while posting pics of dead whitetails he didn’t kill, shiny rifles with 10 years of use that look brand new, and some nonsense about balloons.

This is peak Rokslide trolling. Well done sir. You got us!
I know tough guy I didn't kill any of those deer keep pumping yourself up and twisting what I actually said. You sound just like a CNN anchor. Watch I don't spit on your balloonknot Skippy. You might actually like it.

CampSmith

FNG
Really?
Put down the bottle and go to bed
Listen I hear u believe me i do. I don't know u and u don't know me. One thing you'll never see me do here is talk shit unless it's warranted. I don't and won't talk shit about, downplay or spin anything anyone says here. Not how I'm built. Some of you were never taught respect how I was. Learn how to act, check yourselves and act accordingly. Have a good night.

Last edited:

House21

FNG
Holy f@ck this went to hell in a hurry. I use blue loctite because it works and gives peace of mind that the screws won’t one loose.

Don’t use loctite, won’t hurt my feelings, but if I can lower the chances of something going wrong I will.