Scope Mounting Question

morgaj1

WKR
I have a Trijicon Tenmile mounted in Hawkins Ultralight rings. I couldn't remember if I applied blue loctite when I assembled it last year, so I took one of the ring caps off to check. Sure enough, I had used loctite. I cleaned those screws up, applied loctite and torqued to spec. I never touched the rear ring cap. Am I fine to roll with it now? I am wondering if I potentially introduced stress on the scope by not loosening the rear ring cap and then tightening the front and rear ring caps together. I could also be over-thinking it. Thoughts?

packer58

WKR
For what little bit of time you'll have involved and your piece of mind, just pull it down and re-install. Clean the screw threads and the female threads in the ring bases.

I have a Trijicon Tenmile mounted in Hawkins Ultralight rings. I couldn't remember if I applied blue loctite when I assembled it last year, so I took one of the ring caps off to check. Sure enough, I had used loctite. I cleaned those screws up, applied loctite and torqued to spec. I never touched the rear ring cap. Am I fine to roll with it now? I am wondering if I potentially introduced stress on the scope by not loosening the rear ring cap and then tightening the front and rear ring caps together. I could also be over-thinking it. Thoughts?
Your gtg but you will need to re zero