Scope mounting problems

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
I have a browning x-bolt, Talley picatinny rail. When installing the pic rail I cannot use my wheeler fat wrench (WFR) because it’s unable to fit in the hole to tighten the screw due to the mass of the 1/4 inch drive head on the WFR. The only way I can accomplish the task is to use the included Allen wrench with hex head. I really want to get the proper torque. I am not sure an extension would help, I think I’d have the same problem. What I need is a longer bit. I’m having trouble finding one, can you all help me locate one? Thanks I’m advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2five7

WKR
I took mine to the bench grinder and took enough off to lengthen the small part of the bit. Worked great.

OP
BenHankins

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
I took mine to the bench grinder and took enough off to lengthen the small part of the bit. Worked great.

I’m hoping for something other than the grinder for a solution, surly :p lol but thanks

I ground one down as well. Started with a long bit and ground until the middle was thin enough

OP
BenHankins

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
You could google long hex driver for seller’s if there are no hardware stores in your area.

I will do that. Just surprised none of the gunsmithing kits contain one. I looked at fixit sticks and couldn’t find one. I was just curious as to if anyone found anything in the gunsmithing world.