Scope Mounts for CVA Cascade

Hey y'all,

Upon receiving the Leupold Backcountry Scope Mounts I ordered to mount my sight on my CVA Cascade .308, I realized the base of the scope mounts ( the part that rests on the receiver) partially cover the ejection port. Probably not enough to hamper ejection, but enough to bark my knuckle on when clearing a jam - I also just don't like the way it looks.

I'm looking for a different set of scope mounts that will screw directly to the receiver (rather than attaching to a rail), with a small enough footprint to not extend over the ejection port.

Any suggestions?

OP
CVACascade.308
I found scope mounts that work, for those interested: Talley's Savage Scope Mounts

"Round Receiver w/ AccuTrigger (110 Series, A17, A22) 6-48 SCREWS"

The "low" height ones offer enough clearance for my Leupold Freedom Vx 3x9x44.

Attachments

• IMG_6930.jpg
    IMG_6930.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 22

ndsportsman

Lil-Rokslider
I found scope mounts that work, for those interested: Talley's Savage Scope Mounts

"Round Receiver w/ AccuTrigger (110 Series, A17, A22) 6-48 SCREWS"

The "low" height ones offer enough clearance for my Leupold Freedom Vx 3x9x44.
Those are the same rings I am using on my Cascade, well made and rock solid hold, no complaints, I am sure they will serve you well!

cfoxtrot

FNG
Ordered myself a Cascade today with a set of Talley rings to mount my scope...can't wait!

JakeT

Lil-Rokslider
I got a cva cascade in 350 legend with the same mounts. Just curious if there's a right way or a wrong way to face them?
Also what did you guys torque yours to? I couldn't find any info online about torque specs.

If my concern was barking my knuckles when clearing a jam I'd be replacing the rifle, not the mounts.

OP
CVACascade.308
I got a cva cascade in 350 legend with the same mounts. Just curious if there's a right way or a wrong way to face them?
Also what did you guys torque yours to? I couldn't find any info online about torque specs.
I used my special built in torque wrench until the reading showed "just about right".