Scope moving in rings

I wouldn't use Talley ringmounts myself. I had them crack. But if you are wanting to keep them, here are some thoughts.

1. How are you measuring torque? Sure you are getting a valid reading?
  2. Either way, try taking the small L-shaped key included with the rings, and hold the short end and see if you can snug the fasteners. Once that's done, I usually flip the key around and snug a tiny bit more but choke up on it.
I've used #2 above on literally dozens of scopes and rifles. No slippage or anything weird. As long as you use that short end you are unlikely to damage anything.

Be careful cranking away if you don't know the quality of the torque tool!

Good luck
I used the number 2 method for many many set ups for many many years and never had an issue. I use a Fat wrench these days but I wonder just how accurate it really is. I never had any issues with the scopes I mounted using the fat wrench but for no real reason I am suspicious of just how accurate it is.

OP
chizelhead

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
The NF rings worked. That’s a 4 shot group with one flier at 100 yrds. I was going to shoot 200/300 yrds today but my range was closed for a competition. I can work with this. Thanks again for everyone’s input. Take care!
IMG_2094.jpeg

Last edited: