Scope recommendation for 6.5 Creedmore

Kodiak18

FNG
Just got a Christensen Arms Mesa 6.5 Creedmore and I’m looking for ideas on riflescope. I’m going to be using this gun mostly for sheep. I’d like to keep it under $1500. I’ve read a lot of articles but I can’t make up my mind. Appreciate any info

PNWGATOR

WKR
SWFA 6x or 3-9 with the milquad reticle would be where I’d start. Use the remainder of your budget towards another hunt.

OP
K

Kodiak18

FNG
That’s another thing I’m not sure about. What do you recommend?

Another thing to keep in mind is weight - I noticed you said you’d like to hunt sheep or that you do.

BDC style scopes are almost always lighter than their dialing counterparts by quite a bit. I’m talking the reliable dialers.

It’s what keeps me away from them to be honest. One day someone is going to make a lightweight reliable scope that can dial properly, and I’ll definitely be buying.

AK-Bandit

FNG
I'm a big fan of the Vortex Razor LH 3-15x42. My favorite features are quality glass, capped turrets (dialable), and only weighs 16.05oz.

prm

WKR
I've tried a Leupold 6x, Vortex HD LH 1.5-8x32, and Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 on my Barrett Fieldcraft 6.5 Creedmoor. The SHV is back on and staying on.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Vortex Razor LH 2-10 with G4 reticle and it is great for holdover but I wouldn’t dial with it. Really nice and bright/clear and keeps weight down. Turrets are MUSH it isn’t meant for dialing IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried a Leupold 6x, Vortex HD LH 1.5-8x32, and Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 on my Barrett Fieldcraft 6.5 Creedmoor. The SHV is back on and staying on.
I’d second this and say the 3-10 ShV or the 2.5-10 NXS is perfect for a Creedmoor and 500 yard shots and in on game. I have both and run the 2.5-10 on my ridgeline in 6.5CM

prm

WKR
I have the Vortex Razor LH 2-10 with G4 reticle and it is great for holdover but I wouldn’t dial with it. Really nice and bright/clear and keeps weight down. Turrets are MUSH it isn’t meant for dialing IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a Vortex 1.5-8x32 HD LH. When I first got it I had it hiccup once when dialing. But I have shot quite a few groups since while dialing ~11 MOA between shots and it’s done excellent. I agree the dials aren’t very crisp. But with that reticle I really don’t see me dialing it. The reticle, glass and lack of weight are really nice though. It’s now on an 84M in 338 Fed and I really like it for that rifle.

HUNTER100

Lil-Rokslider
I've heard good things about the Leupold vx5hd line, and those scope are light. I also don't think you could go wrong with a night force shv if weight isnt an issue.

I'm planning on doing one of the two on my next custom

If your hunting distances aren’t going to exceed 500 yards and you want a dureable lightweight scope, you can’t beat a Leupold 3-10x40 or 4.5-14x40.
I’ve got my 30+ year old Vari-X III on my go to 6.5Cm. I have no hesatation shooting to 600 yards with it. My son slipped and fell on the rocks landing right on the scope while on Kodiak this fall. Scuff on the scope with no change to POI.

Leave the knob twisting and fancy reticles to the wannabe sniper crowd. Simplicity rules in the field.

Regarding Nightforce SHV line, they are waaayy to heavy for what they are and if you should have a problem with it, they are dang near impossible to deal with.

OP
K

Kodiak18

FNG
If your hunting distances aren’t going to exceed 500 yards and you want a dureable lightweight scope, you can’t beat a Leupold 3-10x40 or 4.5-14x40.
I’ve got my 30+ year old Vari-X III on my go to 6.5Cm. I have no hesatation shooting to 600 yards with it. My son slipped and fell on the rocks landing right on the scope while on Kodiak this fall. Scuff on the scope with no change to POI.

Leave the knob twisting and fancy reticles to the wannabe sniper crowd. Simplicity rules in the field.

Regarding Nightforce SHV line, they are waaayy to heavy for what they are and if you should have a problem with it, they are dang near impossible to deal with.

This is the scope I’m starting to lean towards. Thanks