Scoring elk antlers?

I searched the Boone & Crockett website last night to look into how to get a bull officially scored, I didn’t see anything about scoring an animal locally. Is this still possible these days? Does anyone have experience with this? Pardon my ignorance I’ve never been down this path.

I searched the Boone & Crockett website last night to look into how to get a bull officially scored, I didn’t see anything about scoring an animal locally. Is this still possible these days? Does anyone have experience with this? Pardon my ignorance I’ve never been down this path.

There are official scorers all over the place. You can find them here:

Do you have an elk to score? An official B&C net Elk is a huge animal. Have you attempted to score it yourself first to see a rough estimate?

If so post up some pictures !

OP
W
Okay, I think I misunderstood the whole scoring process. I thought you could get any rack officially scored. I don’t have a record rack, it’s big for me but probably not a record breaker by no means. I was just wanting a properly measured score for myself.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay, I think I misunderstood the whole scoring process. I thought you could get any rack officially scored. I don’t have a record rack, it’s big for me but probably not a record breaker by no means. I was just wanting a properly measured score for myself.
Just go down load the scoring sheet from p&y or b&c and get you'll see where and how to take the measurements

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I believe the scorers are volunteers. The costs are associated with entering a record animal into the book. A scorer local to you might still be willing to score a non-book animal, just have to call and ask. Maybe show up with a 12 pack!

You can always score him yourself, too. I think I can get a pretty good score in 30 to 45 minutes.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Download the score sheet and instructions. Pretty straight forward to do on your own if you're just looking for a ball park number.

You can get any rack officially scored, but it will only be entered into the "Book" if it meets the award level or all time minimum score.

As mentioned the Official Scorers are volunteers and cannot charge for doing it. So make it worth their time, have a conversation with them. Some like to mentor people even though the rack may not make Book. Won't know till you talk to them.

OP
W
Haha! Thank you for clearing this up for me guys. I have scored it myself. It’s a low 300 class. Just wanted a second opinion really. In the end it’s not a big deal to me. Mostly just curious. I’ll have to find a local B&C volunteer scorer.