Season - 2020

2020 is shaping up to be one heck of an experience. I've always dreamt of hunting elk and being a Missouri resident, this obviously isn't possible without hunting out of state. This year I will have the opportunity to elk hunt Idaho on a disabled veteran non-resident tag. I will be going with 2 other disabled vets and am looking forward to the experience. We have yet to pick a unit as we have no first hand knowledge of the area and only one of us have ever been elk hunting before but I'm excited nonetheless.

Best of luck to you and everyone else this year!
Washington state gives disabled vets the same cost as a resident.... I'm trying to do Wyoming on a reduced price cow tag from CT.

Scoutman

FNG
Looking forward to 2020 also, lots of snow equals feed, so antler growth should be very good. Physical preparation has begun as well as bow practice for me.

Putting in for the NR combo license to hunt elk/mule deer in Montana for 2020. Bought a NR Combo PP last July, and then will buy another with the application here shortly, so am planning on drawing.

Oldpuck

FNG
Next season it looks I will be hunting a new area. Old one is being thoroughly logged and adjacent areas face heavy pressure already. Ironically there are some areas closer to home I didn’t hunt but ill scout now.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
c2f8a7ac9c2d2cbba114ab01285092cb.jpg

ATL from first shed hunting weekend of the year. It was a good weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning on burning my 15 CO points on archery elk in unit 61 north of Telluride. Hopeful this will be an epic hunt

justin84

Lil-Rokslider
Patiently waiting for the WY draw results. If I don’t draw the general tag, I’m going to put in for a leftover cow tag. Been mule deer hunting this area for years and I’m looking forward to chasing elk this year.

Mustang06

FNG
currently agonizing with my crew over which area and which season we want to hunt in Colorado, banking more points for Wyoming, and throwing in a hail Mary for New Mexico.
Elk hunting has certainly become an addiction. Best luck to all!!

Fordtough

FNG
I'm cashing in 20yrs points on Utah Le elk. Hoping for muzzy tag on the Dutton, thinking of Diy.might need some help if anyone's interested.

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
Well i did it..........just fired up the credit card and put in for my New Mexico draws. Big money!! Big money!! No Wameys!!!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
04c7ddfc6d83a40eb4672b79131d0064.jpg

First ATL of last weekend. Really nice hard white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only time will tell........ still staying in shape and adjusting the new Kifaru Woodsman........ practicing social distancing at the range........ not sure what the travel options will be in October or November...... might have to hunt vicariously through you ............ please keep the post coming!!! God Bless