Second Focal Plane scope recommendations

Marble

WKR
im confused how was the SHV not set up for regular dialing?
Not all of the SHV scopes come witha turret that dial like other scopes. You can screw off the cap and then dial with the elevation adjustment, but it isn't marked how traditional turrets are marked. Even though you could dial like any other scope. It just wasn't as user-friendly as I wanted.

I beleive the FFP version had a different turret for dialing. So just male sure if you buy a SHV scope, you make sure it is set up how you want it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
ahh can just run the scope without the caps :unsure:
I think you could. I am not sure how weather resistant all of the mechanisms for the turret would be if continuously exposed to the elements.

madcalfe

WKR
I think you could. I am not sure how weather resistant all of the mechanisms for the turret would be if continuously exposed to the elements.

im pretty sure you can run them without caps.
no different than my atacr. has a capped windage turret but can be taken off and a beauty ring threaded onto the threads.

TMKSHOOTER

Lil-Rokslider
Of those 4 scopes you mentioned which one in your opinion is the easiest to get behind, has the most forgiving eye box, I already own a couple 3-9 Accupoints and one 4-14 SHV, I’m trying to decide on what to buy next and nothing drives me more crazy than a tight eye box, thanks!
The 56mm credo is easy to get behind and has pretty generous eye relief as well.

dzk45

FNG
I have been using the Vortex LHT 3-15x x 50mm with HSR-5i MOA reticle and it has been money. It has been beaten up pretty good in south Texas and holding up just fine. Tracks really well and have not had to re-zero on my 6.5 creedmoor at all. There are other great scopes at a lower cost but the Vortex warranty is what I also really appreciate for them. I got mine when they first came out and it was about $800 but I know they are 1-1.3k now. Still stand by this scope.