Seeing Rumor on FB Hunting Pages for no OTC in Meeker

Haven’t seen anything posted here yet. Anyone know if there is truth to CPW getting rid of OTC for 2024 for the Meeker Units? Believe folks were saying it was due to last seasons winter kill.

Hnthrdr

WKR
If the rumor is true you can bet this is the nail in the coffin for otc… heck they have been chipping away at the otc units for years at least archery wise, so if they force likely more guys into less units get ready for some real rodeos…

If the rumor is true you can bet this is the nail in the coffin for otc… heck they have been chipping away at the otc units for years at least archery wise, so if they force likely more guys into less units get ready for some real rodeos…

I know people that are part of the BGSS Stakeholders group, CPW will
Do away with some OTC tags for herd management but will never get rid of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hnthrdr

WKR

Tried to get onto the BGSD committee myself but wasn’t an outfitter or associated with hunting fool… I would love to hear some inside scoop, I am hoping for otc for residents only or just make it all draw, will be interesting to see what they come up with

Last edited:
OP
Fever Buck
You’ve got like a week and the brochure will be out, that’s gonna be a lot better than listening to Facebook gossip

Normally I’d agree but that’s actually how most folks found out about the restricted tags last year for meeker prior to the regs coming out. Sometimes information finds its way to FB first.

cnelk

WKR
Haven’t seen anything posted here yet. Anyone know if there is truth to CPW getting rid of OTC for 2024 for the Meeker Units? Believe folks were saying it was due to last seasons winter kill.

What seasons were mentioned?

There are more OTC units valid for OTC Antlered Rifle Season than OTC ES Archery Season

Archer86

WKR

Is this for residents or nr tags? Residents should have otc tag options but nr tags are long overdue to be restricted or require points to get the tag at a minimum

OP
Fever Buck
What seasons were mentioned?

There are more OTC units valid for OTC Antlered Rifle Season than OTC ES Archery Season
I saw specifically mentioned that there would be no 2nd or 3rd rifle OTC. It would all be a new draw tag for those seasons unless on private land.

An outfitter friend said that ODC tags for NR's would only be for private land. The same shortened seasons for the Meeker area would be the same.

OP
Fever Buck
An outfitter friend said that ODC tags for NR's would only be for private land. The same shortened seasons for the Meeker area would be the same.
So he’s saying that residents will still be able to have OTC for 2nd and 3rd, just not non-residents?

So he’s saying that residents will still be able to have OTC for 2nd and 3rd, just not non-residents?

No, the general idea is all OTC licenses for those units will be available for Private Land Only. Just like they were last year for the archery season. will be otc available to residents and non residents

Maverick1

WKR
Have not heard one way or the other. Just assume that at some point in the future the entire state will be draw, and there will not be any OTC units.