Seek Outside Blemish Sale

KY Ryan

FNG
Several of their blemished shelters are 15% off. Anyone ever bought one of their blemished shelters? How bad are the blemishes? I’m considering picking up a Cimmaron. It’s fairly easy to get a 5% off discount code so I’m trying to figure out if an extra 10% is worth the risk.

Bearsears

WKR
I have a blem Cimarron and dst. I honestly can't find the issue with them. Full warranty on all their blem stuff so its hard to go wrong.

JonS

WKR
Based on their video, often find, frequently find, sounds like it's time for better qc? 15% isn't that much of a loss I guess, but often seems like a problem to me.

Based on their video, often find, frequently find, sounds like it's time for better qc? 15% isn't that much of a loss I guess, but often seems like a problem to me.
You have to be kidding me rite? They put 1-2 dozen blems up a year out of hundreds of shelters produced. That is a very low rate. And they are catching it in QC that's why they are identified and offered at a discount.

You must never screw anything up.

Jbehredt

WKR
I’ve got no clue where the blemish is in my Redcliff. Have spent many hours staring up at it trying to decide.

I bought a blem 8 man tipi from them. The only thing I could find was one of the seams around the bottom had a double set of stitching. It looked like they sewed it a little crooked, caught it, and fixed it. Total length of the blemish was about 1'. Zero impact on the function or external appearance of the shelter, and it has been serving me well for several years now.

JonS

WKR
You have to be kidding me rite? They put 1-2 dozen blems up a year out of hundreds of shelters produced. That is a very low rate. And they are catching it in QC that's why they are identified and offered at a discount.

You must never screw anything up.
Oh I screw up plenty, just ask my wife or kids, one guy in a house of ladies, I ain't perfect. I've never checked out their stuff, just watched the video and thought their choice of words depicted plenty of problems. If someone frequently or often does something, I would be a little worried about it. We rarely find instances of (insert blem here) and maybe it sounds different, but means the same. No dog in this fight, hope all enjoy the days and get outside more!

Ope

FNG
I bought a Silex and a Merlin on a whim the last time they had the blemish sale. I haven't found anything wrong with either. I wouldn't hesitate to jump on something I wanted from the blemish sale.

OP
KY Ryan

KY Ryan

FNG
Thanks everyone for your input. I picked up a cimmaron. Looking forward to taking my son on a winter camping trip after deer season.

Totoro

WKR
I've got 2 Eolus blems and working on a third, I ain't afraid.

BTW, people shoot Nosler blems with no complaints, right?