Seek Outside Guardian Sneak Peek

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

We've been working on this tent for a while now. The Guardian is a big brother to the Silex, and is about as light as you can go for a two person hot tent.

The Guardian has the higher opening door (similar to Silex) that allows you to enter by squatting down instead of going to your knees (Eolus has knee height).

It also sleeps two pretty comfortably, and will do two with a small UL wood stove. It's a big tent for one guy, but still light enough to pack for that purpose.

I hunt solo or with Kevin pretty often, and I have a 5 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. This tent makes sense for me because it's light enough to solo, but big enough to squeeze in company if needed.

We don't have a release date yet...the pandemic slowed down product dev quite a bit, so it's likely this will be late fall or early 2022.

I’ve been eyeing the silex but I’m liking the looks of this as I wanted just a little more space. I’ll be watching for updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sure looks nice. Silex was at the top of my list when I upgrade (hopefully next year). This looks like another good option!

OP
RockChucker30

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep, or you can get two UL tent poles. We sell some that are very light. I have a little gadget on my trekking poles that lets me use them as shooting sticks or a bipod, so I don't like to sacrifice my trekking poles to the tent.

Totoro

WKR
My Eolus is a great piece of kit for going in light during early season IMO.

The Guardian looks fantastic for 2 person HT setup!

Yep, or you can get two UL tent poles. We sell some that are very light. I have a little gadget on my trekking poles that lets me use them as shooting sticks or a bipod, so I don't like to sacrifice my trekking poles to the tent.
Does the wall thickness from the redcliffe CF pole differ from the larger tipi poles? I am wanting to get a thicker CF pole and cut to size for my redcliffe, with a thicker walled pole

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You could get our 6 and 8 carbon pole .. it will be very robust for the RC. The OD varies , sometimes the wall depending on pole.

Last edited:
You could get our 6 and 8 carbon pole .. it will be very robust for the RC. The OD varies , sometimes the wall depending on pole.
I already placed an order yesterday for the RC replacement, but I will order a different larger one just for peace of mind. Thank you for the response.

Sundance

Lil-Rokslider
Very cool. I love my Silex for a solo shelter, but I'd only go 2 people if it was my wife with me. The Guardian will definitely fill a niche.