Seek Outside Guardian Sneak Peek

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Let me check, if not we can get another one up.

Update on timeline, will be a little later on our site (because we are doing a run of Dyneema tents), but should be about the same ship date, or maybe even some in stock when it comes online which should be 2nd or 3rd week of April.

CoStick

WKR
Let me check, if not we can get another one up.

Update on timeline, will be a little later on our site (because we are doing a run of Dyneema tents), but should be about the same ship date, or maybe even some in stock when it comes online which should be 2nd or 3rd week of April.
Thank you, would love to see the video, hoping to order once available.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thank you, would love to see the video, hoping to order once available.
Send Nathan (Rockchucker30) on here a IM about the video. I have no idea what happened to it. Maybe we are just waiting on one that is very accurate , and lacks any speculation.

I have a Guardian I am taking out next week. It's very nice IMO.

Jimbob

WKR
Looks good. I have the Eolus and I see some big upgrades.

Tight to the ground all around, higher door opening, and guy out part way up the end walls are very big improvements.

I think I am going to DIY my Eolus and make some upgrades instead of upgrading to the guardian though. I want to:
1. add zipper doors so I don't have to reach out to the end of the vestibule to open the door
2. extended silnylon on the bottom of the vestibule panels so it can pitch tight to the ground
3. add peak vent(s)
4. add 6" of screen all around the bottom for bug protection
5. add guy outs partway up the end walls (add stability and interior space)

The eolus has served me well over the last few years of sheep and goat hunting but these changes will solve every annoyance I have with the shelter. On the other hand, I might not ever get around to these mods and just live with what I have.

I love that seek outside is always trying to improve their designs.

Is there future plans to offer this tent in dyneema? I feel like that 1-2 person dyneema hot tent would be a great fit for those people who usually hunt in groups and use a cimarron or redcliff but may want to hunt solo. Honestly this tent or the silvertip in DCF would be really awesome.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
honestly no idea , until supply chains open up it’s hard to commit . Agreed a lighter fabric option would be nice option . Currently only planned for 30d and it’s a super nice , comfortable tent

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks good. I have the Eolus and I see some big upgrades.

Tight to the ground all around, higher door opening, and guy out part way up the end walls are very big improvements.

I think I am going to DIY my Eolus and make some upgrades instead of upgrading to the guardian though. I want to:
1. add zipper doors so I don't have to reach out to the end of the vestibule to open the door
2. extended silnylon on the bottom of the vestibule panels so it can pitch tight to the ground
3. add peak vent(s)
4. add 6" of screen all around the bottom for bug protection
5. add guy outs partway up the end walls (add stability and interior space)

The eolus has served me well over the last few years of sheep and goat hunting but these changes will solve every annoyance I have with the shelter. On the other hand, I might not ever get around to these mods and just live with what I have.

I love that seek outside is always trying to improve their designs.
You can actually tie a cordage knot below the line lots and pull that and use it to open the shelter. Also, likely you put a tiny loop on a stick or piece of carbon and do the same

Jimbob

WKR
You can actually tie a cordage knot below the line lots and pull that and use it to open the shelter. Also, likely you put a tiny loop on a stick or piece of carbon and do the same

My friend rigged a little pulley system for his, I may try to rig something.

I did a trip with my friend and stayed in his MSR tent and it was just so nice to reach the zipper of the fly while still lying in bed. I could zip it open and touch to peak outside and when I did open it the water did not pour down on my gear in the vestibule. I know I can bang off the water on my eolus before opening the door but it's not the same. Just little tweaks looking for perfection.