Seek Outside Revolution Suspension

Looks like some nice upgrades kevin. Could you expand on the whole "optimized for 26" frame". What are the differences in running it with 2" extensions or 4" extensions? Do the pack bags fit differently?

OP
Kevin_t

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks like some nice upgrades kevin. Could you expand on the whole "optimized for 26" frame". What are the differences in running it with 2" extensions or 4" extensions? Do the pack bags fit differently?

Good question, thanks
Not a lot is different. The Evo was optimized for 24 and 28 fit while 26 was sort of a tweener. This is optimized for 26 to be flush at the bottom. There are a few more adjustment options on pack bag to suspension fit, but it is mostly discreet. Some of it is based on pack bag style. For instance, the Exposure panel loader on a Revolution, is more picky than a top loading roll top. The roll tops are more forgiving. The Exposure, even though it will work at other heights, it works best as a panel loader at a 26 frame height and higher. I hope this makes sense.

kickemall

WKR
A couple questions - I can't tell in the pictures and video but it looks like the bottom of the frame sits higher on the belt than with the Evo frame, is that the case? Any idea when more info and pics will be up on the Precipice bag? I sure like the looks of the upgrades. Thanks,

Dave

OP
Kevin_t

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A couple questions - I can't tell in the pictures and video but it looks like the bottom of the frame sits higher on the belt than with the Evo frame, is that the case? Any idea when more info and pics will be up on the Precipice bag? I sure like the looks of the upgrades. Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave , thanks for the comments / questions.

We have been testing a Precipice and various concepts integrated into it for some time. We will get together sometime in the next week, and get the final details and adjustments hashed out and something we want to show.

As far as belt attachment, that is a good question. All belts can wrap around the bottom to fit a bit higher (that is how I often use it , but I use standard attachments as well without issue ). However, over time, we have moved our initial (highest) attachment a bit higher. The standard frame (previously called the lightweight) works better at the higher settings than the "Guide Frame". since the standard frame is very strong, but you can tune the bend easy enough that you can get an optimal fit even if your back profile is a bit different. I used it that way throughout hunting season, with a slight frame tweak myself. In my opinion, the Revolution, rides exceptionally close, maybe even closer than the Evo, but the cross stays prevent barreling at all heights, and keep stuff of the back very well. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks
Kevin

OP
Kevin_t

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks Kevin. Do Revo bags fit on Evo frames and vice versa?

The short answer is yes in certain configurations. Evolution bags work well on the Revolution at 24 and 26 inch frame heights. At 28 inch, the bag sits high and for some this may be desirable, for some not. However, there is a work around (sliding the lower bag attachment over the frame and then installing Revolution Frame Panel ) for higher heights. This work around does not take long, but some may not want to do it. Another , user work around, would be to install a little velcro loop at the bottom of the bag for higher frame heights for Evo bags on Revo suspension.

For Revo bags on the Evolution, we will have to check. I suspect it is similar , that at some heights they work fine, at others maybe they require a little work around. We will check them this week.

Thanks

TheTone

WKR
Looks good! I'm kind of thinking of grabbing another external frame for just a bare bones meat hauler. Are you going to have any at the BHA rendezvous this year?

OP
Kevin_t

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks good! I'm kind of thinking of grabbing another external frame for just a bare bones meat hauler. Are you going to have any at the BHA rendezvous this year?

Yes we will be at BHA and the Reno Sheep Show.

It doesn't carry or feel like an External IMO. Technically, it is probably a hybrid.

Last edited:
OP
Kevin_t

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Are some parts adaptable to the current Evolution frame?

Yes, there will be a Evolution to Revolution kit for current Evolution customers. Pricing TBD but should have it in a few days.

Current items such as lids and talons work fine between them just as they do on Unaweeps or Evolutions. Pack bags, mostly work, but some will depend on frame height.

JDZ

WKR
How do the cross stays affect the articulation of the frame? That articulation was a major marketing point on the Evo frame.

TheTone

WKR
Great, I look forward to checking one out in Missoula. I spent some time looking at them last year in Spokane but probably didn't pay close enough attention to setup, etc.

OP
Kevin_t

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How do the cross stays affect the articulation of the frame? That articulation was a major marketing point on the Evo frame.

They don't affect articulation or center of gravity. In fact, it may ride, or be able to ride even closer due to the head scoop.

Thanks

ams

WKR
Seek outside/ Kevin really knocked it out of the park with the Revolution. It does not restrict the articulation at all. The cross stays are not in the pad so the pads are able to fully conform to your back. The cross stays are pre-curved and are in a separate piece of material than the pads so they contact the packbag which keeps the bag off of your back. For me the weight gain for the Rev is not an issue as it is extremely minimal. The hip belt still rocks and I like it on the higher setting, less articulation. The new harness is extremely comfortable and I find the adjustments simple and easy to fine tune. I like how the H style harness conforms to the body. I'll have to wait to fall to see how it really handles a load of meat but salt bags and standard pack in gear have been comfortable and no slipping, deforming, etc at all with the suspension/frame. There never was with the Evo for me either. I'm looking forward to the Exposure and the Precipice bags. Ideally the 6300, talon, and lid do everything I need but new toys are always fun. I personally don't see myself using the meat shelf but nice that it's included as I may stuff other items in there. It really is a great pack.

kickemall

WKR
Glad to hear your going to be at the Sheep Show. Are you by chance going to have a Precipice there to take a look at?

DaveC

WKR
I got hands on a proto in time for the last hunt this fall. My wife and I got an old, fat doe out hunting with our 4.5 month old. With the sun going down and a long drive home with the baby I did a pretty hasty packing job with bone-in front quarters and everything else boned out. Lay the frame down, two full game bags, lay down the pack, compress like crazy, go. Easy to pack and super stable. The Unaweep can carry just as well, but takes quite a bit more care in packing to do so.