Seek outside wait times

rclouse79

WKR
After much internal conflict over many months I pulled the trigger on a Cimmaron. I would be stoked if I got it before a backcountry hunt starting on June 9th, although I am not counting on it. I have my fingers crossed the 6-8 week wait time is a worst case scenario. Has anybody received a tent from them recently, and how long did you wait to get it? Thanks!

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a DCF Cimmaron, 1/2 nest, and stove on 2-26 and haven't received a shipping notice yet. I think the lead times were 4-6 weeks at that point. I'm leaving in early May for a bear hunt so my fingers are crossed.

I ordered the cimmaron when they were having their blemish sale (March 25th). I also ordered the full nest, knowing this would be the pinch point for delivery. Called them up today; and it looks like the nests are in and I should expect it in about 2 weeks. So that's about 6-7 weeks. Depending on what else you ordered.

I would think if you just got the cimmaron you could expect it sooner

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
I placed an order on March 11th for DCF silex, at the time, lead time were 4-6 weeks. I’ve read the lead times increased to 6-8 weeks around that timeframe.. I reached out to them via SO website msg center on ETA a couple days ago on when it might ship but no word back yet. In the past I’ve had good success with SO and lead times.

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
on week 8 now to the date. was updated it "should" ship this week
I have given up the dream of taking my new cimmaron on my June hunt. I just broke down and ordered the SO sxl stove last night. I should get it before the tent.

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
Update - DCF Silex still has not shipped. Ordered on March 11th, was told several times it was going to ship, but nothing yet.

bit disappointed on the over promise and under deliver. Heading out on a scouting trip next weekend, was hoping to have it; but can’t get my hopes up.

Attachments

• 6B1857BA-AEDC-44A8-9D74-631AF75F069D.jpeg
    6B1857BA-AEDC-44A8-9D74-631AF75F069D.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 49

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Update - DCF Silex still has not shipped. Ordered on March 11th, was told several times it was going to ship, but nothing yet.

bit disappointed on the over promise and under deliver. Heading out on a scouting trip next weekend, was hoping to have it; but can’t get my hopes up.
My sincerest apologies. I just talked to CS, it is in seam taping at the moment. We can certainly check on it Monday.

We did have a technology program with our shipping program .. which has worked well for years, where a bug was somehow induced that made orders wrong, so people with pack orders got stoves etc and it was the shipping program was simply printing stuff out wrong. I am happy we didn't send it to someone else.

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
My sincerest apologies. I just talked to CS, it is in seam taping at the moment. We can certainly check on it Monday.

We did have a technology program with our shipping program .. which has worked well for years, where a bug was somehow induced that made orders wrong, so people with pack orders got stoves etc and it was the shipping program was simply printing stuff out wrong. I am happy we didn't send it to someone else.
Kevin, you have been very helpful to me over PM's.
My custom lanner 5400 pack shows shipped, but no tracking number provided yet. hopefully it is not apart of this bug and a stove was shipped instead haha..

As for the silex, Owen had told me it was in seam tape sealing on may 4th.. we are approaching the end of the month, and it still has not made progress. I would love to hear from you when you get back into the office so we can get this squared away..

have a good weekend.

Last edited:

Luked

WKR
this is a little concerning as i put an order in for a Silex on May 12th. the way this thread is looking ill be doing good to get it by august.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Kevin, you have been very helpful to me over PM's.
My custom lanner 5400 pack shows shipped, but no tracking number provided yet. hopefully it is not apart of this bug and a stove was shipped instead haha..

As for the silex, Owen had told me it was in seam tape sealing on may 4th.. we are approaching the end of the month, and it still has not made progress. I would love to hear from you when you get back into the office so we can get this squared away..

have a good weekend.
I have physically seen the DCF Silex's today . We can not ship today but will ship it tomorrow

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
I just got an email that my Cimarron shipped on the 2nd. Barring and shipping issues I should have it in time to seam seal and take on my upcoming hunt. Thanks Seek Outside!

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
Wow, talk about cutting it close! I got my Cimarron yesterday afternoon and seam sealed it. I leave in 6 hours for a 6 day bear hunt. My first impressions of the tent are awesome and I can't wait to spend a week in it.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I ordered my DCF Silex in mid April and a custom Spectra pack bag the next day. Lead time on the pack was quoted as longer than the Silex. I got the pack a few weeks ago and the Silex has not shipped yet. Not really a problem, I just find the disconnect interesting. I did appreciate getting the pack earlier than expected. So not like I can complain.

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
I ordered my DCF Silex in mid April and a custom Spectra pack bag the next day. Lead time on the pack was quoted as longer than the Silex. I got the pack a few weeks ago and the Silex has not shipped yet. Not really a problem, I just find the disconnect interesting. I did appreciate getting the pack earlier than expected. So not like I can complain.
Yea, the internal issues Dyneema has created
for seek and all manufacturers has really had an impact on operations. Very unfortunate because the material is pretty meta.

SO will take care of you in the end. Don’t worry, hang in there.

My DCF silex arrived Monday, it was right at 5 weeks, and well within the given lead times.

now I just want to take it out and use it. Perfect little tent for me