Seek Outside- Why not?

hadda

FNG
Im wondering why seek outside packs arent more popular? They seem to be lightweight, well designed, and cheaper than many other high end options, but I dont hear them being discussed with the same vigor as some of the other brands.

alecvg

Lil-Rokslider
I use my Seek Outside for all my backpacking and backpack style hunts. Their packs are great, lightweight, and handle loads well. I will say they are fairly "simple." My pack only has the one main compartment, plus I added a lid and a pocket on the belt. They also seem to be a little more complicated if you don't have much experience with packs, and need more add-ons that ultimately bring the cost up. I love it for multi day trips, and when really watching my pack weight.

I still prefer my decade old Mystery Ranch for day hunts, and when guiding.

Greenbelt

Lil-Rokslider
They are fantastic packs....to me, one of the most comfortable I have used. Their online and social presence isnt as dominant or robust as some of the other pack companies and sometimes seems 'hokey', but their packs and shelters are top notch!!!
Their online and social presence is pretty dominant when they are bashing trump, bashing assault rifles, and bashing the second amendment.

I really like their packs and currently it is all I use. I find the frame super comfy and adjustable. I really like the ability to change the frame height from 24-28 and how light their system is. It is more minimal without as many pockets.

Superdoo

WKR
SO was the second pack I tried after Kifaru. IMO it is a really well thought out design. The adjustability is off the chart. It's crazy customizable so you could make it great for any body type.
For me, this was it's downfall. I was tweaking here and there while talking with their CS. I was close to getting it figured out when a work trip took me to Bozeman. After that trip the SO frame was sold. I had had it for a month.

I still love their design. It has some of the most thoughtful features of any of the manufacturers while also coming in at a great weight.
I would without a doubt recommend you give them a try.

Heard good things about the waist belt before. I don't think they market them to hunters like the other brands do. SG, Exo, Kifaru, etc all market specifically to hunting communities and show their packs loaded with meat on their webpages. SO doesn't from what I've seen. Hunting is listed as a use for the pack in the description but doesn't appear to be the main intention of the design. No alternate fabric choices either and the packs look like something a PCT hiker would wear, not a hunter.

There are plenty of hunting use case reviews out there though. Haven't read any in years though since I decided on an SG.

sndmn11

WKR
Heard good things about the waist belt before. I don't think they market them to hunters like the other brands do. SG, Exo, Kifaru, etc all market specifically to hunting communities and show their packs loaded with meat on their webpages. SO doesn't from what I've seen. Hunting is listed as a use for the pack in the description but doesn't appear to be the main intention of the design. No alternate fabric choices either and the packs look like something a PCT hiker would wear, not a hunter.

There are plenty of hunting use case reviews out there though. Haven't read any in years though since I decided on an SG.
@Josh Boyd @Matt Cashell and I have done SO pack reviews, Josh has done several.

I do agree that their website doesn't highlight hunting through pictures or other media forms. I disagree about the target market for their packs as they are specifically aimed at hunters except for the Flight series. None of the load capacity, the external Revolution frame, the integrated Evolution frame, or the volume capacity, is needed for thru-hiking.

I think they do not get as much fanfare due to their brand personality not falling in line with what a lot of hunters think a hunting company "should" be. That is a deliberate choice on their part to be less boisterous, brand first, and in general just let their products speak for themselves. I think there are at least four fully capable pack companies producing in the USA, and I would bet a lot of money that the number one reason people buy what they buy, and talk about what they use, is because they like that brand fits their personality.

Ten Bears

WKR
Carried like a Junksport?? FAR SUPERIOR to Junksport in quality and comfort. Once setup correctly.... Maybe the most comfortable pack out there👍👍

to each their own my friend. ordered a custom pack with the frame. was really excited to try it, absolutely hated it.

I have owned frames from SG, Kif, Exo and it was a large step down from the others imo.

their shelters on the other hand are solid…

Clarktar

WKR
I've been using SO packs for 3 hunting seasons now. I won't go back to Kifaru. The frame is the most comfortable in my opinion. I like the weight and awesome fabric choices (ultra light, tough and water proof!). I hunt in wet places so not absorbing water into bag material is a high priority.

Their customer service is second to none in my experience.

And I prefer their approach to marketing. Low key and let the products speak for themselves.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I had one for awhile, liked the concept, lots to like, but it was rough with a heavy load, I couldn’t get it to work for me, and it was downright punishing over 90#

Their views will keep me from buying anything else from them, have a couple shelters, one I really like, but I want to support companies that support my way of life, and that’s what I’ll do going forward.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Im wondering why seek outside packs arent more popular? They seem to be lightweight, well designed, and cheaper than many other high end options, but I dont hear them being discussed with the same vigor as some of the other brands.
Their politics and position turn a lot of people off despite their presence in the industry.

Do your due diligence.

ethan

WKR
I own a custom unaweep and a peregrine, as well as a couple of shelters. I’ve owned and used all of the major pack brands with the exception of SG and I think the seek outside packs are considerably more comfortable for me and the quality and adjustability are second to none. The overall lightweight aspects is a major plus as well.