Seekins havak element

Do you guys who have them or have used them have the versions with the costed stainless barrels? If so, how is it holding up after a few seasons? I’ve never had a rifle with ceracoat or anything like that so trying to decide if I should go that route or not.
Same as HandgunHTR I don't have a Seekins but I do have a cerakoted rifle and it's held up very well. If you can get cerakote, it's very nice as long as the inside of the action isn't cerakoted. My action is nitrided and barrel is cerakoted.

hiker270

WKR
I had a 6.5 PRC in my hands at EuroOptic. Really nice rifle. Salesman told me they were coming out with a 7mm PRC so I'm gonna wait.

Axlrod

WKR

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
I was in the same boat. Handled one in 7 PRC and loved it. Just backordered mine on eurooptic and am now patiently waiting for it to come in. Seekins warranty is second to none.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I was in the same boat. Handled one in 7 PRC and loved it. Just backordered mine on eurooptic and am now patiently waiting for it to come in. Seekins warranty is second to none.
I’m loving this 6.5 creedmoor so far, shoots great. I want to swap my scope though.

ajbailey21

Lil-Rokslider
I’m curious everyone’s thoughts on 6.5 CM in this rifle. I have a 7 PRC and don’t need a 6.5 PRC, so I’m thinking about CM. Given I don’t intend on shooting any deer sized game over 500 yards, I’m confident it will be fine.

Based on same data I saw for various barrel lengths it looks like 21” is about 2,650 with 143 grain bullet, so about 1,950 FPS at 500 yards and 1,240 ft-lb of energy.

Anyone have any practical experience with this setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m curious everyone’s thoughts on 6.5 CM in this rifle. I have a 7 PRC and don’t need a 6.5 PRC, so I’m thinking about CM. Given I don’t intend on shooting any deer sized game over 500 yards, I’m confident it will be fine.

Based on same data I saw for various barrel lengths it looks like 21” is about 2,650 with 143 grain bullet, so about 1,950 FPS at 500 yards and 1,240 ft-lb of energy.

Anyone have any practical experience with this setup?

I mean I don't have experience with a Seekins 21" barrel but I have a 16.5" barrel on one of my 6.5CMs. I think I get about 2600 fps MV for 143gr ELD-X out of it with factory ammo (Copper Creek). Shot a deer with it at 400 this season and it immediately dropped with no complaints.

ajbailey21

Lil-Rokslider
I mean I don't have experience with a Seekins 21" barrel but I have a 16.5" barrel on one of my 6.5CMs. I think I get about 2600 fps MV for 143gr ELD-X out of it with factory ammo (Copper Creek). Shot a deer with it at 400 this season and it immediately dropped with no complaints.

Thanks. I guess it really is a stupid question. I saw a comment somewhere where a guy was getting CM velocity out of the PRC in the barrel that prompted my question….