Advice on selling guns / scopes

jaredg

Lil-Rokslider
Guys, what would you suggest would be the best way to start selling some rifles and scopes? Rokslide classifieds, Gunbroker or Ebay (scopes)? Am I better off to separate scopes and rifles, or leave them together? Auction or fixed price? If it was one gun it would be one thing, but looking at 50-75 sell off. It's a little intimidating, buying them was easy. Any ideas..... Asking for a friend ;)

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
remove scopes. they're not adding value. ebay. or armslist. or creatively marketed on FB or craigslist

consigning guns at your LGS means you're not dealing with shipping and/or meeting "customers" and when one gets stolen 15 years from now the ATF's last trace request goes to your LGS and not the gun store YOU bought it from. your LGS gets to do all the work. talk with customers. negotiate price if needed. and collect payment. run a background check. cross T's and dot I's. you get a check.

you could make more money on gunbroker. and that's a definite "COULD" but you're also going to have to ship items and that can be annoying or very difficult. and if you're not already hooked up as a seller on GB with banking and CC processing you're losing customers who don't want to mail you a check and want things done ASAP. plus some FFLs won't accept a shipped gun from someone who doesn't have an FFL. and you better take good pictures because the firearms are used and 50-75 items is a big pool for people to piss in because you only said there was a scratch on the grip but oh no the magazine has a scratch too and i want it free now because you lied about the condition.... use gunbroker to get an idea of what those guns are selling for.

armslist can help you reach local customers if you're doing face to face sales.

or if you're not terribly concerned with squeezing every last dime out of it, see if there's a local pawn shop or gun store who will just buy the entire batch outright and be done with it.