Sew Shop - EXO 6400 BTX85 Side Pocket Mods

6.5x284

WKR
Does anyone know a quality sew shop accepting one off custom work?

I'm looking to have the left side (as I wear it) side pocket on my EXO 6400 cut down the center with fabric added to accept a BTX 85mm. Adding 500 or 1000 Cordura to the existing side pocket similar in shape to the Kifaru Cavern with a pull tight draw cord at the top. This would allow it to be flush/snug when not in use, and easily accept my BTX 85mm when carrying my spotter. With a full pack, the side pocket is quite snug. Final result would be a side pocket similar in shape to the Marsupial Gear BTX case, sewn into or where the existing side pocket was.

Would like any thoughts or recommendations.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Do you already have the marsupial gear case? Or another case for the BTX? Seems like it would be easier just to strap the case under the lid and be done with it. If not, get in touch with @pods8 on here and see what he says.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I got tagged on a FB post for this also, here was my reply:
"I don't see this request being as straight forward as described, I don't readily envision just being able to splice in some material to that narrower tube pocket (someone with specialized machine might be able to but flat deck machine doesn't readily seem feasible). Seems like to accomplish the desire you'd need to open up the seams all around the pocket and replace it entirely. Then there are issues of potentially mis-matching fabric hues (if the user cares), trying to figure out the 3D shape to fit the BTX w/o being a floppy mess yet still fitting with a stuffed pack, etc. Honestly this one seems like a headache type project (not that I haven't done my share of those, lol). Maybe someone else has a better vibe about this vision. "

I'm also likely closing on a house in a month and need to coordinate a move during June so trying to keep my commitment level a little lighter esp. for stuff like having someone's pack in hand vs making an accessory or such.

OP
6.5x284

6.5x284

WKR
Do you already have the marsupial gear case? Or another case for the BTX? Seems like it would be easier just to strap the case under the lid and be done with it. If not, get in touch with @pods8 on here and see what he says.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I do have the Marsupial Gear case, however it's a balance thing primarily. The BTX with 85mm and balance plate is about 90 ounces. My scoped rifle is about 95 ounces, and goes along the right side of the pack as I wear it. Strapping the Marsupial Gear to the side to test, the pack just feels fantastic. Trying to achieve that balance full-time primarily, and not run the actual Marsupial Gear case. Appreciate the feedback.

OP
6.5x284

6.5x284

WKR
Thanks for all the feedback. I think I have a solid plan at this point. The initial job seemed a little more intensive then it seemed in my head from some with actual knowledge about these things.

I think I'll run it in the marsupial case in the same location, but use the two factory straps to secure the case underneath through the molle webbing on the bottom of the case. I will likely end up sewing loops and buckle sliders so I can add webbing over the top as well. This will allow me to secure a large or unique load without having to compress those side straps over top of the scope, and the added strap(s) will allow me to synch down my scope in the case enough to snug it up. Works in my head. We'll see how it plays out. Thanks again fellas.

Pictures sort of show what I'll likely do.

Attachments

• IMG_7752.jpg
    IMG_7752.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7753.jpg
    IMG_7753.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 12