SG Rifle sling on mystery ranch

gholbert

FNG
Has anyone used a stone glacier rifle sling on a mystery ranch pack? Ive seen very little info on people doing this, but hoping that i can make it work. just looking for a little insight

Wacko

Lil-Rokslider
While the MR pack doesn't have the "tri-glide" on that part of the frame it should still go on no problem. Just source one of the glides and wrap the webbing around the frame to hold it in place. Should work the same - easy peasy. Or just tie the webbing around the frame....looks plenty long enough. That's for the top portion.

The bottom can be wrapped around the waist belt and through the tri-glide in the gap made by the little "wings" on the belt. Still get height adjustment and it puts the weight on the belt, not the compression strap.

I might give this carrier a go this year myself - after I go through my parts bins too see if I can't DIY it.....

Last edited:
SG sling works great on my Kifaru pack, and I bet you can make it work on a MR. I prefer in-front-of-the-shoulder carry, so I thread the buttock cradle through my pack's hip belt webbing pretty far forward (toward the center buckle) and loop the quick release forend strap around my pack's shoulder strap. It could be configured for behind-the-shoulder carry by shifting the cradle further rearward on the hip belt and securing the quick release strap somewhere on the side of the pack (e.g., load lifter or side compression strap).

Has anyone used a stone glacier rifle sling on a mystery ranch pack? Ive seen very little info on people doing this, but hoping that i can make it work. just looking for a little insight
Bought one for my pintler and have yet to figure out how to attach it