Sheep feet insoles

BigDog00

WKR
They told me about a month when I ordered mine. They are a local company so maybe I'll get them a touch sooner if the shipping time is short.

A month just to get the molds? I knew they were behind, but I thought that was actually making the insoles...

KineKilla

WKR
A month just to get the molds? I knew they were behind, but I thought that was actually making the insoles...

My apologies, I was told a month or so for the full insole. You talking about the foam that you stick your feet in? I had them take my imprint in person at TAC in Utah so I cannot help you there. I wouldn't imagine it would take very long to ship the cardboard box but lately every delivery I have had is late.

keller

WKR
A month from ordering the molds to getting the insoles for me.shipping takes a LONG time.5 days each way plus they are closed Saturday so my molds had to be re- delivered .like 16 days from day they received molds till product shipped out.

xcutter

WKR
Just another update on my experience with these insoles.

Went for a 6 mile this weekend with a 50ish pound pack. I believe my feet are broken into these insoles as I had no pain or discomfort caused by my boots or insoles. Felt awesome really. Only problem I had is I got blisters on the bottom of my pinky toes. So next time I will tape them up with leukotape.

Ordered a full length pair. Molds were shipped out! Ordered Heel stabilizer and cushion x1. No real good info on the real difference between 1x or 2x cushion. Went 1x so it didnt take up too much boot room, but I would still have some padding on the balls of my feet and toes.
I ordered some ,the difference between 1 and 2 is 1/16".#2 is roughly the same as Superfeet green

KineKilla

WKR
Received insoles today. Ordered in person at the Utah TAC event.

Time to put them in my boots and see if they live up to the hype. I have a Mtn. Goat hunt in a couple weeks so I'm hoping to have them good and broken in by then.

Edit:

Almost immediate discomfort from these insoles. The heel and arch feel fantastic but the ridge that is created where the plastic ends is applying pressure behind by toe joints. It feels like I have a lump in my shoe right behind where my toe joints are. Mostly just on my big toe.

Weird thing is that when I take them out of my boots and stand on them it goes away and my toe joints appear to sit on top of the plastic rather than right on the edge of the "lip". Also, it appears that I will need to have a wide boot to fit these correctly. Maybe that's part of the issue? Hard to know.

I have put them in two separate boots and experience the same thing. I plan to try them in my Danners next because they are wider and see what happens. I'm half tempted to cut the things in half and move that ridge back towards my heel slightly. 1/4 - 3/8" either direction (forward or back) feels great.

Last edited:

KineKilla

WKR
Update:

They are getting better....unfortunately most of my boots have narrow footbeds so the plastic part of the insole sits really high ono the side of the boot. I can see it wearing this part of the boot out in short order. I need to get boots in a wider fit or something.

I stuck them in my Danner Pronghorns and they fit best in that boot. So, it seems like they'll be good for hunting but not yet 100% for the hike in or when I just want to wear my Keen boots while hiking/camping/etc. I'll keep breaking them and my feet in as best I can.

I stuck them in my yard tennis shoes today, threw the 25lb pack on my back and did the lawns and yard work. Uncomfortable when I started but good by the time I was finished.

xcutter

WKR
Update:

They are getting better....unfortunately most of my boots have narrow footbeds so the plastic part of the insole sits really high ono the side of the boot. I can see it wearing this part of the boot out in short order. I need to get boots in a wider fit or something.

I stuck them in my Danner Pronghorns and they fit best in that boot. So, it seems like they'll be good for hunting but not yet 100% for the hike in or when I just want to wear my Keen boots while hiking/camping/etc. I'll keep breaking them and my feet in as best I can.

I stuck them in my yard tennis shoes today, threw the 25lb pack on my back and did the lawns and yard work. Uncomfortable when I started but good by the time I was finished.
Did you trace out your stock insoles of your boots when you mailed them? If not I would set your stock insoles on top of them and see if they are the same shape. Trim them to fit if not.

KineKilla

WKR
They took my foot mold in person and no they did not trace my insole onto the foam.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
They took my foot mold in person and no they did not trace my insole onto the foam.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Pretty sure they are meant to be trimmed if they don't do it for you. Might want to call them, and compare to your stock insole as mentioned.

When you do it mail in, they don't have you trace onto the foam, but include a tracing of your insole on a piece of paper.

HNTR918

WKR
I send mine in on 8/3. I was told on 8/17 that it would be 3 more weeks. So they are currently communicating 5 weeks. 6 with shipping.

PA Hunter

WKR
Food for thought

I’m in podiatry school and I’m currently in rotations with doctors dealing with custom orthotics almost daily. They can be a powerful tool to help you’re overall foot health. The price sheep feet charges is actually very reasonable for custom orthotics. It seems like a well made orthotic and could benefit most anyone who tries them, even an OTC insert could do wonders as they generally support the foot much better than anything the boot/shoe companies put in their product.

That said custom orthotics are historically done with a Podiatrist or orthopedist first completing a biomechanical exam of that particular person. There’s seriously dozens of different modifications that can be done to an orthotics prescription which to me is what makes the orthotics truly custom.its a game changer for some people who need those modifications. Another benefit of doing orthotics through a doctor or clinician is some insurances will cover or partially cover your orthotics through them. For most, these sheep feet semi custom route will work great but if you have issues or pain it might be worth the effort or extra money to visit the doc first and get something that could help even more.
I’m under care of my podiatrist now over a year dealing with this darn plantar fasciitis crap. He had a custom orthotic made for me and they are more painful then the factory sneaker ones. The darn bottom is like a very hard foam or carbon and my feet hurt worse now. I was actually thinking of trying these sheep feet now I am getting desperate with a next year moose hunt coming up. Not blaming my podiatrist but his orthotics are not forgiving.

Bearsears

WKR
Just ordered the full length and half length package. I talked with Caleb on the phone. Hes very helpful, knowlegable, and patient. Ill continue to update on my experience with the company and product.

Firehawk

WKR
I ordered mine during the Utah TAC on 7/24 and they arrived on 8/15. I used them in my Crispi Nevadas during my archery deer hunt and I liked them ALOT! Very comfortable and they definitely offered much better support to my feet. No hot spots. Very impressed and will likely order another full length and possible an half size for my everyday shoes too.

Bearsears

WKR
I ordered mine during the Utah TAC on 7/24 and they arrived on 8/15. I used them in my Crispi Nevadas during my archery deer hunt and I liked them ALOT! Very comfortable and they definitely offered much better support to my feet. No hot spots. Very impressed and will likely order another full length and possible an half size for my everyday shoes too.
What thickness cushion did you go with and did you do the heel stabilizer?