Sheep feet insoles

I sent my impressions back 7/9
Just got email with tracking info will be here 8/9.
I did send them an email to see status last week. They responded almost immediately..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I ordered mine 7/7, delivered to me 7/12, sent back out 7/13. Sure hope they get here soon, I spoke the those guys on the phone and they said 4 week from ordering to having insoles. That’s come and gone, I leave in 4 weeks and planned to have a month to allow my feet to get used to them, doesn’t look like that’s going to happen

Stalker69

WKR
Well I don’t know how these get such good reviews. I ordered mine, I got them, they only fit one pair of shoes I own. To wide at the arch and heal. And holly shit do they hurt. Chatted with them on their message board and the “ doctor” was supposed to call me and I have not heard a thing. These are really expensive toilet paper, if I can’t even use them. Unbelievable lesson I learned, can’t even sell the damn things. This sucks.

Archbull

FNG
I use the half length and they seem to work ok. If I had it to do again I'd get the full length. Just make sure you have room in your shoes.

fishslap

WKR
Well I don’t know how these get such good reviews. I ordered mine, I got them, they only fit one pair of shoes I own. To wide at the arch and heal. And holly shit do they hurt. Chatted with them on their message board and the “ doctor” was supposed to call me and I have not heard a thing. These are really expensive toilet paper, if I can’t even use them. Unbelievable lesson I learned, can’t even sell the damn things. This sucks.
I had a similar regret with lathrop and sons “custom” insoles but other guys love them. The sheep feet take a bit to get used to and my feet started out a little sore but after a few hikes I’m better off by having them. Great support and minimize foot movement. Helped with a fallen arch on one foot. I did have to trim the front half. You could send them the factory insoles of the boots you want to put them in and see if he can cut you a deal on a second pair with the exact dimensions to the factory insole. He already has the mold.

KineKilla

WKR
I wouldn't hold my breath for a return call. I called and emailed to ask about mine last year and have not received a reply in over 12 months.

They are very wide for most boots as well. Mine feel okay except on one foot where the hard plastic digs into the back of my big toe joint. I ground some of that plastic off on my bench grinder but still need to do some more.

I've been considering trying them again but so far they've been sitting in the closet for 11 months.

I have a messed up right foot for some reason. Most shoes feel great on my left foot while the right one gives me constant grief.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

DON'T throw in the towel yet. I had the exact same issues/thoughts that you do. I decided that since I made this investment, I am gonna make them work. So all I did was hammer out a couple miles each day in them for a week, and I started to notice a difference in things. My PF pain that I had every morning went away. I am a believer of them. I think I have had them for about a month now. I just took my time to allow my feet to adapt to the insert. This is one of those things in life that you're not going to get instant gratification from. Need to put a little sweat into it. If they don't help after a month of breaking them in, then I would think you have a right to dislike the product.

Trial153

WKR
The lack of follow up on what is obviously a product that takes servicing/adjusting to get correct is disconcerting.

Firehawk

WKR
I wouldn't give up on them or their podiatrist. Give them a call or keep trying ((801) 885-4396). They open at 9AM Mountain Time (Mon-Friday). I know that they have been at TAC every week for several weeks and were at Snowbird all weekend last week. I visited with them for a little bit while I was there. I am sure that they are a bit behind, but I have talked with them via email and via telephone several times. And they will help you make sure that the fit is right.

As for fit, I also recommend you look at their FAQ section on their website https://sheepfeetoutdoors.com/apps/help-center#hc-what-if-sheepfeet-hurt-my-feet. It was really helpful for a few of my questions. And I did have to trim each pair I have ordered. If you haven't done it already, just lay your boot's insole over the orthotic and trace it out and then trim the orthotic's foam to fit. And definitely remove the original insole as the full length insole is designed to replace your boots insole.

I hope that this helps. I have had terrific results from my Sheep Feet orthotics and Caleb has been very responsive to my questions and concerns.

Last edited:
Emailed them last night and just received a email “ should ship in about a week!” Already wishing I hadn’t ordered these. I specifically called and spoke to them to verify a timeline from order to receiving product, I was told 4 weeks, now I’m basically being told 6 weeks. Kinda agitated to say the least

Stalker69

WKR
I wouldn't give up on them or their podiatrist. Give them a call or keep trying ((801) 885-4396). They open at 9AM Mountain Time (Mon-Friday). I know that they have been at TAC every week for several weeks and were at Snowbird all weekend last week. I visited with them for a little bit while I was there. I am sure that they are a bit behind, but I have talked with them via email and via telephone several times. And they will help you make sure that the fit is right.

As for fit, I also recommend you look at their FAQ section on their website https://sheepfeetoutdoors.com/apps/help-center#hc-what-if-sheepfeet-hurt-my-feet. It was really helpful for a few of my questions. And I did have to trim each pair I have ordered. If you haven't done it already, just lay your boot's insole over the orthotic and trace it out and then trim the orthotic's foam to fit. And definitely remove the original insole as the full length insole is designed to replace your boots insole.

I hope that this helps. I have had terrific results from my Sheep Feet orthotics and Caleb has been very responsive to my questions and concerns.

Yea I trimmed the front to fit, removed the original insoles In every shoe, boot I own. They said they could grind the width at arch and heal. Which I can do myself. But he told me they should not hurt worse, and after wearing these for 1/2 to 1 mile actually a couple blocks and I can feel the pain get worse and worse, my feet feel like when I just get out of bed in the morning, They down right hurt. Feel better if I was bare foot ( PF is the cause of the pain)

Yea I trimmed the front to fit, removed the original insoles In every shoe, boot I own. They said they could grind the width at arch and heal. Which I can do myself. But he told me they should not hurt worse, and after wearing these for 1/2 to 1 mile actually a couple blocks and I can feel the pain get worse and worse, my feet feel like when I just get out of bed in the morning, They down right hurt. Feel better if I was bare foot ( PF is the cause of the pain)
Just wanted to check in and see if your inserts are working any better after hammering some miles in them? I stepped things up this past week and my pain is really diminished and the inserts are really helping.

Stalker69

WKR
Same, I talked to them and I am sending them back. They are going to put a “ doughnut” in the heel of right one.

Thought I’d do a follow up on the Sheepfeet orthotics. Put them in my Kenetrek Mountain Extremes, and immediately put 8 ish miles at about 9k feet with varying terrain, as well as 10+ on treadmills and roads. Having flat feet and dealing with the associated over-pronation, I have always been a little bit skeptical of what might or might not work for me. These definitely seem to put enough support in the right places, which I haven’t been able to find in some other OTC orthotics. I chose to add the double cushioning and heel cup, and am glad I did, as it ensured the treadmill and road miles I put on these boots are a little easier on the joints. Notable to me is the rigidity of the plastic used, which is much stiffer and less prone to flattening out that other plastics and cork found in other brands. As for blisters, I didn’t seem to find any issue with them in the heel or other commonly sensitive areas, especially as the stock insoles in Kenetrek’s tend to be a bit higher than many others. I did get a pair of rough blisters on the inside of both feet, slightly in front of and below my ankles, which I see as a positive as I actually need much more support in that region to help with the overpronation. While these were shaped to fit the lines of the stock insoles, I found that they slipped into other shoes and boots nicely, which definitely helped justify the cost. I did notice some comments about the cost, but I expect these to last as long as several pairs of OTC orthotics combined, and are much more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm still researching these and learning about them, will watch the Gritty podcast in a min when I am home, but quick question..

Can I swap these to any shoes and boots I have or are they meant to be put in a specific shoe and stay there? Say if I wanted to use them in my work boots, my gym shoes, and my hunting boots?

Thanks. Sorry if it was answered already, I am skimming through as I fish.

I'm still researching these and learning about them, will watch the Gritty podcast in a min when I am home, but quick question..

Can I swap these to any shoes and boots I have or are they meant to be put in a specific shoe and stay there? Say if I wanted to use them in my work boots, my gym shoes, and my hunting boots?

You could do the 1/2 inserts and swap, if you gym shoes are as big as your hunting boots you could also swap, most hunting boots will have a larger toe box though

I swap between my hunting boots. I just wanted to make sure that they work good in my warm weather and cool weather boots. They work perfectly fine in each. I also have the half-inserts, and I keep forgetting to put them in my gym shoes. They are in the closet at home, but for some reason I always forget to take them out and put them in the shoes.
The more I break these in, the better and better my feet feel. I was very skeptical, but I have come around and i'm a believer in them.

cured_ham

WKR
I have been using mine for a few weeks now. The full length pair in my boots is doing pretty well. I am happy with them. Took some getting used to but they are nice to have. I think they help

The half pair I have in my tennis shoes is taking way more getting used to. Not sure what is going on there.

I am not sure what issues you all are having with contact. I have been able to get someone on the phone every time I have called.

I FINALLY took my half-inserts out of the closet and put them in my walking shoes. Yep! I have been screwing the pooch on this the last month. After only 3 days of wearing them, I no longer have any foot pain in the AM when I wake up. These things are the real deal. I am really glad that I stuck things out here and kept with the program. It has been worth the investment for me.

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
When you guys say they won't fit your boot...aren't you suppose to trim them to size? Or are you saying they are too thick?

Juan_ID

WKR
After debating for a while I finally broke down and ordered a set. Sent off my impression kit today, I don’t really struggle or suffer from any kind of foot problems but curiosity got then best of me. We’ll see in a month or so

They’re worth the money, I was a skeptic, had mine for a Month and they made a world of difference. Unfortunately my boots went missing from Camp with my sheepfeet in them. I’m about to order another set to replace those