Shipping Antlers Home?

rootacres

WKR
This is my first time flying to a hunt, rather than driving. What success have you all had shipping antlers back to your home? Do you fly with them? package them up in a box or cooler? What say you?

Thank you,

NRA4LIFE

WKR
If at all possible, take them on the plane in your checked bags. I shipped a whitetail rack via UPS a few years ago and they gigged me almost $80. That was from Missouri to the Seattle area. I guess I should have asked what type of critter. The luggage option might not be viable with something huge.

Last edited:

PMcGee

WKR
Get some pipe insulation and cut it into pieces. Cover the tines and wrap with duct tape. Wrap the skull plate with plastic and duct tape. Check it on your flight home. Never had a problem this way. If you want to do a euro you’d have to get the brain matter out of it before flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shipped in big box. Shipped in no box (garden hose cut and slipped onto antler ends) and flown with them too

Whatever you want to do - do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkman224

Lil-Rokslider
Put this guys horns in my large duffel. Cut a piece of aspen and taped between horns to prevent skull piece from cracking. Tell airport people they are fragile and they will label your bag. I have also made boxes to ship horns home on the plane. Always no issue. I wouldnt trust the mail service.

Attachments

• 22Mulie.jpg
    22Mulie.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Duh

elkman224

Lil-Rokslider
For elk antlers, I will cut the skull plate and crack it and put the horns in my large duffel too, just measure tip to tip outside so you can reset them.

bmrfish

WKR
Cutting the skull plate in a V makes it easier to put back together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMF

WKR
Taxidermist in CO just shipped my muley skull mount to MS and it cost $150 via UPS, they said fedex and USPS would be 250.

2023-09-16_07-28-01_277.jpeg