Shoot or pass??

I passed on these bucks the other day but I'm curious what others would do? The back left is a 3x3 and the front two are 4x4's. I saw them at 80 yards just out of the timber with about 20 minutes of light left. Sorry the picture isn't better.
c73c7879852b15baab21592a53e5db6c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

My boys 11 & 14 both have general deer tags this year, if you want to PM me the GPS coordinates I'd be happy to drop a couple of them so you don't have to keep making tough decisions. All we saw this last weekend were does and people.

I'll be checking my inbox periodically and am planning on heading back out for the last week of the season if you could keep tabs on them until then that would be awesome:)

I'd say if a guy had a lot of days left and it's early in the season then pass. It's all relative to the conditions.

I'd take any of them. Then again it's my first year and I'll happily take any decent buck while I learn over waiting it out for what I don't know would be a trophy.

^
It amazes me it took until the second page to bring up the skyline shot.
I'm not a fan of shooting skylined animals either. However, in this photo there is a backstop instead of open sky. Personally, have no problem shooting in this situation, if I were to decide to put a tag on the buck to the right. I respect others with a differing opinion.

Pass until they get off the skyline then full send on the buck on right

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I didnt take the question as a "shoot right now" situation. I took it more so as a are these exceptable deer to shoot.
I know there's a good number of people who wouldn't think twice about them being sky lined and the possible consequences of where their bullet would end up....

Tough, I always say I'm holding out for this or that. Truth be told, when something decent with antlers steps out, and I have a weapon in hand... haha

The only thing that matters is if it makes you happy. All I know is that I’m about to start being less picky. Last couple years my expectations have been a little too high for my skill level. I find myself trying to chase what a lot of other really good hunters do on the gram with regards to critter size. I’m not a good enough hunter to be acting like that. I decided I’m going back to the days where I just hunt and shoot what gets me excited instead of being really picky. Social media has been silently ruining hunting for me because I’m hard on myself and competitive. Therefor I’m returning to the days when I was hunting for myself and not trying to keep up with the Jones’s. With all that said if I see a group of bucks like that this year and I can pick out the best one I’m taking him home.

Hopefully nobody takes this as I'm trying to having something insta worthy or anything like that. I've just always been interested by big bucks and this year I am finally allowing myself the time to possible see one rather than shooting the first buck that's put in front of me. Just a bit of a paradigm switch so I was curious what others would do. I passed on a nice three year old (i think) buck this last weekend as well. Haven't seen any more old bucks but I've been fighting the weather. I have 3 days this coming weekend and then 3 days the last weekend still to go.

Back