Shooters World Multi Purpose black powder

nebhunt

WKR
Has anyone tried this powder and care to share your thoughts? My son shoots a CVA Optima and I shoot a T/C Hawken. From what limited information I can find it says it is almost a clean burning as BH 209 but it can also be used in a Hawken with #11 caps. Currently he is using 777 pellets and I have a small amount of Swiss.

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
Lol it's no where near bh209

It's made by American Pioneer powder. If its 10 to 15 bucks a pound, it's a good buy.

OP
N

nebhunt

WKR
I know from experience that not much will keep up with bh209 energy wise and it burns as clean as anything I have used. I'm just wanting to know if this shooters world multi purpose powder would be as good or better than 777 powder. Haven't seen the crud ring build up in my son's Optima with the pellets yet. He needs to switch to loose powder for upcoming elk hunt we have planned in Colorado.

Heat

FNG
Just got some to try. Not worried about velocity as much as the crud ring.

OP
N

nebhunt

WKR
I would be very interested in what you think of it once you get a chance to try it out. The potential of a crud ring is what's keeping me from buying anymore 777.

Heat

FNG
Weather sucked here last weekend. Going to try again this weekend. Thanks for your patience. I am eager to try this stuff.

Heat

FNG
Tried the SW MPB today. I give it two thumbs up so far. Similar energetically to 777 but WAY easier to load. Very little crud after 3 shots. Seemed like a similar amount of fouling but much softer. Was able to load 3 easily before swabbing. Can't say the same for 777.

Tried the SW MPB today. I give it two thumbs up so far. Similar energetically to 777 but WAY easier to load. Very little crud after 3 shots. Seemed like a similar amount of fouling but much softer. Was able to load 3 easily before swabbing. Can't say the same for 777.
From my reading, it’s a revival of the MZ Black. If so, I’m excited! I’ve had very good luck with the MZ Black, but I’m running low.

Eastcoasthunter94

Lil-Rokslider
How much is the Shooters World Powder going for? A few months back I bought a lb of blackhorn 209 for $60. If there is a cheaper alternative I’m all ears

From my reading, it’s a revival of the MZ Black. If so, I’m excited! I’ve had very good luck with the MZ Black, but I’m running low.
How much is the Shooters World Powder going for? A few months back I bought a lb of blackhorn 209 for $60. If there is a cheaper alternative I’m all ears
I saw it on Midsouth for $28 for a full pound, still a good deal......but, thanks Uncle Joe for the 100% increase.

I'd love to know where you got BH209 for $60!? I paid $140 for two 8oz jars!

Eastcoasthunter94

Lil-Rokslider
I saw it on Midsouth for $28 for a full pound, still a good deal......but, thanks Uncle Joe for the 100% increase.

I'd love to know where you got BH209 for $60!? I paid $140 for two 8oz jars!
I got lucky and found a jar of it at bass pro in CT for that price. And wow that’s crazy how expensive it is now