Shot Show 2024

I think if Tikka would make a 20” lightweight threaded 7prc I could be done buying rifles… well, nevermind, who am I kidding.

The other problem is that tikka seems to like to bring out the cool new calibers in only the roughtec option which I’m not crazy about.

I think if Tikka would make a 20” lightweight threaded 7prc I could be done buying rifles… well, nevermind, who am I kidding.

The other problem is that tikka seems to like to bring out the cool new calibers in only the roughtec option which I’m not crazy about.
Agreed - but the roughtech superlites over at eurooptic are pretty slick... I'm hoping this is maybe the path they chose to go?

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed - but the roughtech superlites over at eurooptic are pretty slick... I'm hoping this is maybe the path they chose to go?

My biggest dislike with those are the ceracote. I'm just not a big fan. I wish they would just tick with stainless.

Those are slick but it takes a sucker to pay $1500 for a 20" cerakoted, bolt fluted, muzzle threaded superlite when you can get a stainless lite for $724 and pay $100 for a chop and thread.

Sell 18-20" lites with threaded muzzles for $150 more and they'd be onto something.

Those are slick but it takes a sucker to pay $1500 for a 20" cerakoted, bolt fluted, muzzle threaded superlite when you can get a stainless lite for $724 and pay $100 for a chop and thread.

Sell 18-20" lites with threaded muzzles for $150 more and they'd be onto something.
This. Particularly if they aren’t cerakoting over stainless. No way I’m paying that for a blued gun with paint on it. And the 6.5prc is still 24”.

Ucsdryder

WKR

I think sometimes rokslide thinks everyone thinks like rokslide. I love short barrels but I imagine a fraction of their customer base is asking for 20” threaded barrels.

I think sometimes rokslide thinks everyone thinks like rokslide. I love short barrels but I imagine a fraction of their customer base is asking for 20” threaded barrels.
That may be true, but Tikka being a primarily European company you would think shorter suppressor ready barrels would be in even higher demand because of Europe’s supressor regulations (and lack thereof)

idahodave

WKR
That may be true, but Tikka being a primarily European company you would think shorter suppressor ready barrels would be in even higher demand because of Europe’s supressor regulations (and lack thereof)

Except that the majority of their sales aren't going to be in Europe. Gun-crazy America is no doubt their largest sales channel and suppressor shooters are extremely rare across the landscape in spite of what many here believe. That'll continue to be the case unless federal regulations are changed to make it easier/cheaper to buy suppressors here.

Sure. I'm primarily talking about EuroOptic's $1500 tikka that got there with $600 worth of lipstick not tikka's customer base as a whole. I bet if euro optic had an exclusive line of Stainless Lite models but 18-20" and flared muzzle w/ 5/8' threads in 223, 6.5 CM and PRC, and 308 and priced them $150 above a standard lite they'd get lots of attention.

But you're probably right. People pay big money for paint, fluting, and muzzle thread upcharges on the veil/roughtech lines already so that's probably a higher margin route for them.

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
Sure. I'm primarily talking about EuroOptic's $1500 tikka that got there with $600 worth of lipstick not tikka's customer base as a whole.

But you're probably right. People pay big money for paint, fluting, and muzzle thread upcharges on the veil/roughtech lines already so that's probably a higher margin route for them.
Yep. Just like cars. Manufacturers love to make cars with all the bells and whistles. Markups on everything.

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
I think with the way IS works, it would be near impossible to have the IS running and get an accurate range. Would probably have to shut off the IS for ranging
I had a Nikon IS rangefinder 4 or 5 years ago and it was amazing. Way easier to range with the IS and got further distances because the IS. I believe the rangeing mechanism was also stabilized to make this work but I may be wrong.

Totally agree... would much prefer their SL line to chop their barrels and thread them.

For $1500 you are getting the same stock too with cool paint and sand - would really love to see an update to their stock, throw a limbsaver or Pachmayer on it, shorten LoP and include 2-3 shims, vertical grip (or at least include their vertical grip) etc.

10ringer

WKR

Those are sick looking.

Sportsmans also has an exclusive roughtech that priced more reasonably and bad ass looking!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbayney

FNG
Show is 4 days out!
I’ve managed to shrug off all gun sales this holiday season in the hopes for a Tikka chambered in 7prc. Come-on Tikka, take our money!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this is literally me.

Bring on the 7mm prc thanks.

FullValue

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure Tikka will release a 7PRC but they have to wait on CIP to approve the cartridge. Maybe they already have?