Shoulder Dislocation/Subluxation

OP
C

cured_ham

WKR
Are you relocating the bicep tendon or leaving it attached to the labrum?
I believe it is being left alone. Surgeon did not bring it up during our discussion. Most of the damage appeared to be on the front of the shoulder so I am guessing the part where the bicep tendon attaches was fine?

Mable300

Lil-Rokslider
Make sure to find out if you can get procedure recorded on a zip file so you can watch it at home..pretty cool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

cured_ham

WKR
Make sure to find out if you can get procedure recorded on a zip file so you can watch it at home..pretty cool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely doing this. That would be so cool. Did not know it was an option

OP
C

cured_ham

WKR
Surgery went well. I had punched a hole in the labrum and that was my main issue. Surgeon said it was a successful surgery and that rotator cuff and biceps tendons were in great shape. PT and rehab is all that is left!

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
I just got rid of my sling today at 2 months post op. Still probably 2 months from shooting my bow but at least I can start moving my arm around again.

Don't slack off on the pain meds for a few days. They are your friend.

OP
C

cured_ham

WKR
I just got rid of my sling today at 2 months post op. Still probably 2 months from shooting my bow but at least I can start moving my arm around again.

Don't slack off on the pain meds for a few days. They are your friend.
Congrats! Glad to hear it!

Pain meds are being used liberally. They are a damn good friend.

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
How's recovery?
I got released to move my arm at week 6 post op. Today is week 7 and I'm nearing full range of motion but can't lift anything over 5 lbs. Still some pain but it's mostly manageable

fmyth

WKR
The appointment I had planned to schedule 3 weeks out happened today. Ended up being able to slip in.

Initial diagnosis is a SLAP Tear. Likely will require surgery. Having an MRI to confirm. Anyone have any experience with this procedure?
Yes. Get it done right away. It will only get worse. I had a slap tear and detached labrum. My surgery was in March and I could not use my bow in Sept and got a waiver to use a crossbow. I did kill a bull so that worked out. Good luck to you.

OP
C

cured_ham

WKR
How's recovery?
I got released to move my arm at week 6 post op. Today is week 7 and I'm nearing full range of motion but can't lift anything over 5 lbs. Still some pain but it's mostly manageable
It is going well. No pain or anything since 1 week out. Follow up in the morning with surgeon to schedule post op PT.

Worst part has been cutting food and opening lids. I am having to get my family to leave lids halfway unscrewed.

OP
C

cured_ham

WKR
Talk about the simple joys in life
Went to make a PB&J while home alone and couldn't get either open. Butter sandwich it was. Immediately upgraded to squirt bottle jelly for ease of application.

OP
C

cured_ham

WKR
Check up went well. Will be out of sling and starting PT @ 6wks post op.

OP
C

cured_ham

WKR
Correct. They have me working a squeeze ball and straightening the arm to keep everything from getting too stiff is all. Was hoping for more aggressive but it’ll do.

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
The only thing they had me do in addition to that was scapula squeezes and something called a pendulum.

OP
C

cured_ham

WKR
I am doing pretty good. My girlfriend drags me to the range for Friday night 3D shoots and I go hang out at the gym on Saturdays. Got out last weekend and hiked 6 or so miles which was much needed. Work has been nuts since I got back so I keep busy with that during the day. Currently binge watching Justified on Hulu. Actually living where the show is supposed to be set is weird as hell.

How is PT going for you?