Shout out to Vortex

ZackP

WKR
Not sure if this is the right forum to post but I just had to give a shout out to Vortex. I know I know, there is higher end glass out there but these guys/gals really know how to take care of their customers.

I emailed inquiring about another strap for my Viper 10x42 (Philippines and damn good for the money) that I had misplaced. Fully expecting to get a price in a reply what I got instead was a kind reminder of why I run their stuff (some of it anyways). See for yourselves. Overall just satisfied they’re willing to take care of their customers!

Attachments

• B912AAEF-82AC-435F-8E07-CAD3D3CCDBE9.png
    B912AAEF-82AC-435F-8E07-CAD3D3CCDBE9.png
    250.2 KB · Views: 249
Best customer service I've ever received was from vortex and it's why I am a loyal customer in all things optics!

I was 25, married and had a baby. Saved up and bought a pair of their 10x42's. Didn't have much spare money or time. Monday before rifle deer opener I got out of my pickup and my Cabela's bino strap failed. Binos smacked pavement from 5 feet up and knocked the alignment off just enough to make your head pound!

I couldn't mail them out till Tuesday morning and customer service said 7 day turn around. . . I was screwed for opening day. I sent them 2nd day service as it was the best my post office could guarantee, put a note in about timeline and sent it away.
My tracking number showed that it arrived at their facility Thursday morning at like 9 a.m.
I got an email around noon figuring it was confirmation that they had received them. To my amazement it was a tracking code for overnight delivery back to me! They handled every thing in less time than many places take to check their mail.

I had my binos back by Friday night and had them along with me to spot and harvest my best Muley to date. Their customer service is second to none!

Poptart

FNG
They replaced a scope for me no questions asked. They also sent a pretty cool hat with the new one. Just bought another scope for a rebuilt marlin 39a 22 for my father who thought he lost it in a flood. Good stuff!!

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
They do a pretty damn good job in keeping people happy. I’ve used them before for my 11-33 and received free shipping label and return postage, 2nd day air on both!
Not sure if anyone uses their mil discount but they always toss in free goodies as well.

weaver

WKR
I've had many great experiences with vortex customer service. Never had a good experience with Nightforce or Swarovski cs probably because I've never needed to use it.
I just don't have any faith in vortex products anymore although I do still pack around a razor spotter.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

MCSO1357

FNG
Vortex customer service is top notch and has forced other companies to try to be just as good. They have upped the game for sure in the optics community.

BluMtn

WKR
Glad your experience was a good one. Mine was not and I have sold every piece of Vortex I own, cancelled orders that I had for some new stuff and now when someone ask about Vortex I steer them as far away as possible. But as always those are just my opinions and I guess a lot of other peoples also. Bitter, you bet.

They have an awesome warranty program....it’s too bad you’ll probably have to use it.

I recently sent in my viper binoculars for realignment. Vortex sent me a new pair with a statement that the other were not able to be repaired to factory specifications.

It's great that they did that and I sincerely appreciate it. However, it does give me some pause that binoculars which have basically lived in an AGC harness for two years needed realignment. I don't have any memory of major impacts/drops etc.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I recently sent in my viper binoculars for realignment. Vortex sent me a new pair with a statement that the other were not able to be repaired to factory specifications.

It's great that they did that and I sincerely appreciate it. However, it does give me some pause that binoculars which have basically lived in an AGC harness for two years needed realignment. I don't have any memory of major impacts/drops etc.

I guess for me it all comes down to the fact that the warranty wont help me if I'm out on a hunt. Ive also heard some stuff about how poorly they have handled the warranty with products that arent made any longer....the current upgrade??? nope, old refurbished stuff.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Glad your experience was a good one. Mine was not and I have sold every piece of Vortex I own, cancelled orders that I had for some new stuff and now when someone ask about Vortex I steer them as far away as possible. But as always those are just my opinions and I guess a lot of other peoples also. Bitter, you bet.

Thats how I feel about Athlon after my buddies binos went tits up on a hunt.

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
You have to wonder what the markup is on their stuff if they are so willing to just give you a new one when anything happens to them. I like the idea of a good warranty but I’d rather have one I don’t need to use.

tsm213

FNG
I’m in the market for some new binos. Kind of seems like you can’t go wrong with vortex. I’m looking at possibly some used binos so there transferable warranty is a big selling feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk