SIG CROSS Carbon Barrel...

jsfootn

FNG
I and a buddy picked up one of the barrels from Schnees. Is anyone interested in factory barrels? I have a UNFIRED 308 barrel and my buddy has a low round 6.5 creedmoor barrel. We're both looking to get rid of them.
Interested in Schnees experience. Curious on details of their carbon tech. Hate to assume, but it looks oddly similar to another brand.

I had a great experience with Schnees on buying the barrel. I just got my gun back so I haven't shot it yet. I use Schnees for boots also and they went above and beyond for me on the boots so I figured they must care about the other stuff they sell also.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I had a great experience with Schnees on buying the barrel. I just got my gun back so I haven't shot it yet. I use Schnees for boots also and they went above and beyond for me on the boots so I figured they must care about the other stuff they sell also.

glad to hear it. if you have any questions or anything, give us a call.

An update as well. I am working on getting us able to do the barrel swaps as a service for folks. I do it now and have done about 1 dozen or so personally. but to offer it, there's liaility, insurance, etc.. fun stuff. ha.

- matt

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If anyone needs a barrel asap we just got a fresh delivery and there's 1ea of the following available:
6.5x47Lapua-22"-7.5 Twist
7mm08-20"-9 Twist
308win-20"-10 Twist
6mm Creedmoor-20"-8 Twist

10/2/23 9am MST

I've had my 20" 308 barrel for a bit and have developed several sub-MOA loads for it with my favorite being a 169 Sierra Match King. Scored a new "fun" load yesterday, 110 grain bullet at about 3400 fps with Benchmark which was half MOA even though I hadn't set neck tension correctly. The 169 sits about .002 off jam and the 110's have a huge jump so barrel isn't that picky.

khuber84

WKR
If anyone needs a barrel asap we just got a fresh delivery and there's 1ea of the following available:
6.5x47Lapua-22"-7.5 Twist
7mm08-20"-9 Twist
308win-20"-10 Twist
6mm Creedmoor-20"-8 Twist

10/2/23 9am MST
Do you have freebore specs on the 65x47 chamber?

khuber84

WKR
We need to know what accurate mag length they're using as well, that'll dictate a lot of what cartriges are capable to be run properly in this setup. Hopefully they're CIP length.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

When will you have new clambering options for these?!
It is very high on the priority list.. a carbon barrel 7PRC Cross is in my near future.. from there, we can get pretty wild with chambering when they are available. I think magazine compatibility will likely be the only issue. It's still an unknown at this point.. stay tuned - matt

Last edited:
It's a folding chassis rifle with a heavier contour 24" steel barrel. There's no magnesium or carbon fiber on the list. Did you expect it to be light?
I guess not. The concept of a folder is personally less appealing in a heavier gun.

khuber84

WKR
I guess not. The concept of a folder is personally less appealing in a heavier gun.
Put a 22" carbon it'll drop the weight down to 7.5-7.8#, but without a supressor it's going to be ass heavy, especially with optic installed. Balance is also a priority, and sometimes that requires more mass out front. I assume the folder maybe be a small 4-6oz penalty, but the integrated arca is legit needed in the lil cross too. The rifle is well thought out. My new 65saum on a McMillan edge with a 26" barrels is 8.6# bare. Idk a heavy rifles is more work to carry, but a 11# rifle is twice as shootable as an 8# rig at distance.

Last edited: