Sig Cross Hype

Is there something I’m missing on this rifle? Looks sweet for sure.. just not sure on all the hype for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
It looks like a chassis-style rifle but it is an integrated receiver with native AICS mag system, pic rail, short bolt lift (60ish degree, iirc), Mlok compatible handguard, threaded muzzle, folding adjustable stock and checks in under 7 lbs. That's a pretty intriguing list of specs.

Add to that what's going on with Shnee's carbon fiber barrel project they're rolling out and there's some cool stuff happening with it. Once they get a source for barrel extensions, you'll have user swappable barrel changes as easy as an AR15.

The .277 Fury round that was hyped with the Cross will sadly never get to market I suspect but it would bring a sea change to the market with regards to energy/velocity in a .308-class rifle.

If they make me a lefty version, I'm in whole hog and I'm probably still going to buy one for my son to use for deer hunting since I'll be able to adjust the stock fit for him as he grows.

Afhunter1

WKR
They were supposed to make a even lighter version. I’d buy one of those in a 6 creedmoor right now. Especially dipped in FL camo. I’m not much for just black.

the cross isn’t new it’s kind of a knock off of “the fix” rifle by Q

They were supposed to make a even lighter version. I’d buy one of those in a 6 creedmoor right now. Especially dipped in FL camo. I’m not much for just black.

the cross isn’t new it’s kind of a knock off of “the fix” rifle by Q
They were going to make it even lighter? I am also contemplating having mine rebarreled to 6 Creed after I shoot this 6.5CM for a year or 2. One of those schnees CF barrels at 20" about right.

Afhunter1

WKR
They were going to make it even lighter? I am also contemplating having mine rebarreled to 6 Creed after I shoot this 6.5CM for a year or 2. One of those schnees CF barrels at 20" about right.

Yeah it was supposed to be called the cross "alpine" or something like that. I guess carbon fiber was going to be used for handguard and stock parts.

This was never really confirmed just kind of mentioned on a video on youtube.

I would probably buy that. Or at least maybe a carbon fiber kit. I have really enjoyed using mine this hunting season

Slugz

WKR
Had one in my hands a few weeks back. Neighbor got one in the FL color. I haven't heard how it shoots yet but sure was nice and compact to throw on the back pack.

OP
silasbowhunter
It looks like a chassis-style rifle but it is an integrated receiver with native AICS mag system, pic rail, short bolt lift (60ish degree, iirc), Mlok compatible handguard, threaded muzzle, folding adjustable stock and checks in under 7 lbs. That's a pretty intriguing list of specs.

Add to that what's going on with Shnee's carbon fiber barrel project they're rolling out and there's some cool stuff happening with it. Once they get a source for barrel extensions, you'll have user swappable barrel changes as easy as an AR15.

The .277 Fury round that was hyped with the Cross will sadly never get to market I suspect but it would bring a sea change to the market with regards to energy/velocity in a .308-class rifle.

If they make me a lefty version, I'm in whole hog and I'm probably still going to buy one for my son to use for deer hunting since I'll be able to adjust the stock fit for him as he grows.

What do you mean by integrated receiver?

It looks sweet but couldn’t you put a rifle together that checks all those boxes for $2100? Legitimately asking haha

What do you mean by integrated receiver?

It looks sweet but couldn’t you put a rifle together that checks all those boxes for $2100? Legitimately asking haha

It isn't a round bolt action built into a chassis. More similar to an AR-15, whole action is made of 7075AL and has a barrel extension the bolt locks into. Closest thing on the market in probably the new MDT HNT26 chassis with some ultralight titanium action. The chassis alone costs more than a whole Sig Cross

OP
silasbowhunter
It isn't a round bolt action built into a chassis. More similar to an AR-15, whole action is made of 7075AL and has a barrel extension the bolt locks into. Closest thing on the market in probably the new MDT HNT26 chassis with some ultralight titanium action. The chassis alone costs more than a whole Sig Cross

I’m following you now. Thanks!

Ucsdryder

WKR
I too would be very intrigued by the brooks range version. I believe it was supposed to come out already tho so not sure if it’s still in the works.

Jordan bud and Ryan Avery did some reviews on theirs.

I was intrigued and then I handled one in a local store. I am more than intrigued now. Super compact and the stock feels plenty stiff to me. To 6.5 creed version calls to me.

fatbacks

WKR
I just got one in .308 a few weeks back. Haven’t had time for load development yet. Shot factory ammo pretty well but nothing spectacular.

I like the feel of carrying it around and with the stock folded it is compact enough that I can lay it across the top shelf of my gun safe. I like that its easily adjustable and I can shoot it comfortably along with my wife and kids - literally takes 10 seconds to change length of pull.

Overall great length even with suppressor and handy little gun. Time will tell if I start grabbing it over my more traditional rifles. Leaving for Kodiak soon and opted to leave the Cross at home.