Sig Cross Hype

I considered one but idk, just didn’t fit anything I really wanted. Plus, the folding stock locked up on us at the gun shop and wouldn’t reopen lol

I considered one but idk, just didn’t fit anything I really wanted. Plus, the folding stock locked up on us at the gun shop and wouldn’t reopen lol
The hinge does take some getting used to as it's not really a button. You have to push on the "button" and lift straight up on the stock to get it to fold.

With it folding down, I'm thinking I would like a 20" barrel in 6CM. Not give up so much velocity and I would like it to balance just a little further forward with my 8" suppressor.

This was was tight as heck but I folded it and unfolded it twice, it then locked up and neither I or the shop could unfold it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh well, I’m glad it fits someone’s niche

redcorn65

Lil-Rokslider
This was was tight as heck but I folded it and unfolded it twice, it then locked up and neither I or the shop could unfold it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Once I got used to it I love how it works. I have the cross and a Christensen MPR and like the cross way more. The MPR looks cool with all the carbon fiber but Schnees is making carbon barrels already for the cross. You do lose some velocity with the short barrel tho. I think my 165 accubonds are only going like 2700fps. But it’ll shoot sub moa to 200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read about quite a few that the folder was finicky and when they sent it in for the recall, it came back working smoothly. Don't know if they tweaked the one they had or swapped out the hinge for a fixed one.

I consider this more a tool than a fancy finish hunting rifle. It serves its purpose well and when they come out with a gen2 improved lighter whatever, I'll probably send this one down the road and not miss it.

Once I got used to it I love how it works. I have the cross and a Christensen MPR and like the cross way more. The MPR looks cool with all the carbon fiber but Schnees is making carbon barrels already for the cross. You do lose some velocity with the short barrel tho. I think my 165 accubonds are only going like 2700fps. But it’ll shoot sub moa to 200

I got lucky and found a load using Superformance and 142gr ABLR and got to 2650. H4350 topped out at 2450fps

redcorn65

Lil-Rokslider
I got lucky and found a load using Superformance and 142gr ABLR and got to 2650. H4350 topped out at 2450fps

Ya just looked at my load notes. 44g of varget and a 165 Accubond going 2647 FPS.

Ya just looked at my load notes. 44g of varget and a 165 Accubond going 2647 FPS.

I thought it was cool to see my 8" suppressor added 30fps with both powders. It's not huge but I wonder if it adds that much on a 24" barrel.

I'm going to load up some varget and 90gr Varmageddons for spring prairie dogs after hunting season.

redcorn65

Lil-Rokslider
I thought it was cool to see my 8" suppressor added 30fps with both powders. It's not huge but I wonder if it adds that much on a 24" barrel.

I'm going to load up some varget and 90gr Varmageddons for spring prairie dogs after hunting season.

I’m running a dead air nomad can on mine. But ya a longer barrel would be the ticket. Rumor is proof is gonna sell prefits eventually. I been debating ordering a barrel from schnees in 338 federal

I’m running a dead air nomad can on mine. But ya a longer barrel would be the ticket. Rumor is proof is gonna sell prefits eventually. I been debating ordering a barrel from schnees in 338 federal

I'm thinking about going the other way with a 20" 6CM. I've already got a larger caliber hunting rifle and I think 6CM might be better for when the kids get a little older.

Just got back from a hunt in Idaho with my kiddos. My middle son shoot this doe with my rebarreled Cross. 18" 6cm, kreiger barrel slightly smaller contour than factory, chambered by Dave Tooley. Great package, and an excellent option for kids too given the adjustability.

Attachments

• 20211029_182411.jpg
    20211029_182411.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 20211031_164519.jpg
    20211031_164519.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 166

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure it's a great rifle but there's something about it that doesn't do it for me. I'm not sure if it's the stock or what it is. I fondled one but it didn't speak to me.

I am considering one for my wife. Curious what people are getting for velocity with the 6.5 and what bullet?

One hang up is by the time you add any upgrades you can get into a Tikka in a magnesium XLR for less.

OP
silasbowhunter
I am considering one for my wife. Curious what people are getting for velocity with the 6.5 and what bullet?

One hang up is by the time you add any upgrades you can get into a Tikka in a magnesium XLR for less.

Jordan Budd stated her velocity in one of the Rokcast if I remember correctly

I managed to get my 142gr ABLR to 2650fps with Superformance. H4350 yielded 2450fps.

I’ve had one in .308 for a few months now. I’m kind of a gadget geek and am going to try and and use it as a long range target gun. So far it’s killed a mule deer and an antelope.

Mine shoots sub .75” with several factory match loads and Norma whitetail 150 grain.

It’s a neat little package that for me has been really impressively accurate

mt100gr.

WKR

They're slick little rifles.

My 6.5 shoots very well with the 147 ELDM over H4350 @ 2540fps.

Stroked a coyote at 395yds and an antelope at 450yds with the combo.

I like mine for the tool it is. Lightweight, packable, accurate, but I wouldnt hesitate to sell it to get the Gen2 or whatever they come out with next.