Signatures before dollars - How to support our community?

Chanimal

FNG
When I first heard of the ballot initiative to ban Trophy Hunting (cat hunting by current definition) in CO, I thought it would be on the ballot as is, and there is nothing that could be done to argue and modify the language before it hit the floor for the general public to vote on. There is still time to support Coloradans for Responsible Wildlife Management and push back on this BEFORE it is on the ballot. Given the current population make up of Colorado, we need to support the effort to address these issues before they get on the ballot, which takes money.

The “Trophy Hunting” language of the initiative is particularly concerning. If this passes, it opens the door to future amendments to the definition of Trophy Hunting to include Deer, Elk, etc. This is a hunting issue, not a predator hunter/houndsmen/trapper/residency issue.

Rich M

WKR
You do realize that even if otc goes away there are TONS of units you can hunt for zero points Right? Or are you upset you can’t get your point AND hunt the same year?
No, im not worried about hunting out there anymore. And i dont think they should allow otc, everything else is draw, make them draw too.

CorbLand

WKR
Feel like this thread derailed quick. Esentially NR can't vote but it's still valuable to support orgs like this. Here is a link to their gofundme: https://www.gofundme.com/f/coloradans-for-responsible-wildlife-management

I sent $35, happy New Years!
You can also donate directly to them via their website.

OP
ProStaffSteve

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
You can also donate directly to them via their website.
I should have included that too. I had a gift visa from work, which did not process on their main site.

Hopefully they can do a lot with the money donated!

Rich M

WKR
Because it will be another step towards hunting and hunters being a thing of the past. If it can happen in Colorado it can happen in your state. Tag allocation is a tiny issue, and becomes meaningless if hunting is made illegal. When this stuff passes, it emboldens these anti groups and gives them a path forward in other states.
What we have learned lately is the R hates NR. R owns the animals and NR should just shut up and feel happy that they can even apply for a tag.

CO is overrun w liberals. All you gotta do is turn on the news and see the liberals in CO.

Yall need to get some kind of hunting heritage law passed so they cant ban hunting. And soon.

Im in FL. It is a major event for me to hunt out west. Takes almost as long to get enough points for me to hunt an hour from home. 3 pts for a 3 day hunt. But if you wanted to hunt w me, youd need 3 pts too and wed go chase deer & hogs.

CorbLand

WKR
What we have learned lately is the R hates NR. R owns the animals and NR should just shut up and feel happy that they can even apply for a tag.

CO is overrun w liberals. All you gotta do is turn on the news and see the liberals in CO.

Yall need to get some kind of hunting heritage law passed so they cant ban hunting. And soon.

Im in FL. It is a major event for me to hunt out west. Takes almost as long to get enough points for me to hunt an hour from home. 3 pts for a 3 day hunt. But if you wanted to hunt w me, youd need 3 pts too and wed go chase deer & hogs.
This thread has nothing to do with resident vs nonresident. It is what can we do to support each other and hunting. There are 10 threads about resident vs nonresident as there are to these types of threads. Take the BS to one of those.

When someone comes for your hunting in Florida, please let us know so we can support you and the fight. I will gladly send money or spend the time needed to help protect it and I have absolutely zero, none, zilch interest of ever hunting in Florida. This issue is not stopping in the West, or with wolves, bears and/or cats.

JFK

WKR

I live in Ca, so know a thing or two about horrible gov’t and slippery slope precedents. I’ve never hunted in Co and actually don’t have any immediate plans to. I still sent them some money to fight this. These types of proposed bans need to be met with strong resistance where ever and whenever they pop up. It’s a national issue, not a state issue.

KsRancher

WKR
I know I probably shouldn't be this way. But I am a hard headed bastard. I wouldn't give them a $1 no more than I would the NRA. Yes, I would agree that they probably are doing good with the money. Just like the NRA puts up a good fight for the 2nd. But I can't get passed the way most Co residents would like to treat NR. Just like I can't get passed ol Wayne spending money like he is.

And yes, I know this thread isn't about R vs NR. But it does come into play on this subject.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
The short sightedness of hunters is astounding. It's hard to feel good about the future of hunting when the hunting community loves to in-fight more than pushing back against anti's. A few residents express some concern about overcrowding and the non-res crowd default position is "Screw 'em! Let the whole thing burn."

If Colorado falls, other western states will fall, and the eastern states will have crosshairs on them too. Bet on it.

As for me, I've been donating a lot of money lately. CRWM has me on auto pay. If this cat hunting bill passes, we're in serious trouble. No doubt about it.

wapitibob

WKR
In OR, we lost our ability to effectively manage predators, both Bears and Cats, with Measure 18 in 1994. Legislation to overturn has failed several times. These groups have learned that Initiative Petitions are effective and the only real way to counter them is with education, and that costs money. Not every pro hunting popup org has our best interests in mind but this group seems legit from what I have seen and its support from a few people I trust. Hopefully CO can win this one.